Country music lovers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that song and Commander Cody. Maybe you knew my sister? LOL There were a couple of other groups...who sang on his white horse Mescalito he'd come breezin' in through town, nobody feels like workin' Panama Red is back in town. Well, isn't any wonder i'm me, my siblings raised me on that kind of stuff...

I remember that song and Commander Cody. Maybe you knew my sister? LOL There were a couple of other groups...who sang on his white horse Mescalito he'd come breezin' in through town, nobody feels like workin' Panama Red is back in town. Well, isn't any wonder i'm me, my siblings raised me on that kind of stuff...
I had their first album: Lost in the Ozone.
Bought it because I liked the Hot Rod Lincoln song. I was about 7 years old then.

@OldSchool my friend just went through Nashville a couple weeks ago and he thinks I'd love it there. All the music. It is amazing there are areas in this country like that, if ya don't know, ya don't know! In my area, bars and live country music everywhere. I've never seen so many cowboy hats and jeans.
I live outside of Nashville and have no idea who is popular in country anymore.
Also, when walking around downtown and all the honky-tonks you can always spot the tourists. I don't know any native NashvillIan that wears a cowboy hat or cowboy boots.

I live outside of Nashville and have no idea who is popular in country anymore.
Also, when walking around downtown and all the honky-tonks you can always spot the tourists. I don't know any native NashvillIan that wears a cowboy hat or cowboy boots.
That’s funny. They talk about Nashville here (the musicians) and lots of people really do wear the hat and the boots. I mean even outside of the city, the area I live in is big on the horses too. Always see horse and cattle trailers when I’m out and a guy wearing the hat is the driver. You must be seeing Texans. Lol
Some of the “country” music doesn’t even sound country anymore!

That’s funny. They talk about Nashville here (the musicians) and lots of people really do wear the hat and the boots. I mean even outside of the city, the area I live in is big on the horses too. Always see horse and cattle trailers when I’m out and a guy wearing the hat is the driver. You must be seeing Texans. Lol
Some of the “country” music doesn’t even sound country anymore!
Thats why I don't listen. I doesn't sound like real country music

Last edited:
I’m partial to true country - bluegrass.

I’ve got the bluegrass channel bookmarked on my SiriusXm account. I can get my XM in my truck, my work truck, streaming on my phone, on my laptop at the house.

I like country music, but mostly the old stuff, I haven't kept up with the new. I guess you might call them country classics. George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Waylon and Willie, Merle Haggard, Charlie Pride.

I'm not sure so I will ask, would it be acceptable to the ladies if we posted Stand By Your Man? Obviously, a little dated, and maybe not as acceptable as it once was, but it is still a classic. :dunno:

When you Listen to country music radio these days, AND I HATE TO SAY IT!! it is hard to tell when one song goes off and another comes on in a lot of cases.

I like a lot of the new artists and some of them can sing so well, it is a shame for them to lock into corporate handcuffs and play in the same box all the time.

Ronnie could sound like any singer from Frankie Vallie to Elvis his range was tremendous!!

I like country music, but mostly the old stuff, I haven't kept up with the new. I guess you might call them country classics. George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Waylon and Willie, Merle Haggard, Charlie Pride.

I'm not sure so I will ask, would it be acceptable to the ladies if we posted Stand By Your Man? Obviously, a little dated, and maybe not as acceptable as it once was, but it is still a classic. :dunno:
It's a good song, we should stand by our men, and men should stand by their women! I've never been a "conventional" type of woman so I don't hear it as the outdated meaning! I've always been more of the True Grit" gal!

Back