Cows...

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We moved 2 of the steers to the new place. The third was not cooperating so he will be moved tomorrow. He kept ducking away from the chute so I couldn't get him in the trailer.😡. He only got a half ration tonight and his breakfast will be late and served in the trailer. Some missed meal cramps will fix his wagon.

Anyway... We dropped the other 2 at the new place and they were running, jumping and hollering like calves. Looked like they were having a blast. When we went back to check on them I walked the fence line (elk, as large as a horse but as graceful as an elephant!) and their tracks told me they had already done the same. I guess 30 acres wasn't enough, they had to check the fence to see if they could have more.

Last edited:

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Must not be Dexter's ours will follow like a puppy.
We have 4 Dexter's and a Holstein. The pain in the rear is a Dexter. I honestly think he's in love with my milk cow and refused to leave her. He'd duck away from the chute and run to where she (and her calf) were tied. Tomorrow I will load her first and bring her back home after unloading him.

Biggkidd

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Well I'll be Dex's usually mind well from the few I've been around and our 3. Two almost three year old heifers and a year old bull. Hopefully the two girls become cows this year. lol

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The 2 older Dexter steers haven't been handled much. We bought them last spring and we're range raised, they were almost wild. The Holstein was a bottle baby and loves his ears scratched.

Latest posts