Delta shower valve

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I originally set up this dirty shower valve. That was 5 or 6 years ago, don't remember how. Over time it must have slipped now the "fully on" setting is a few degrees to hot.

Counter clockwise increases hot water... clockwise decreases hot and increases cold until it reaches "OFF".

How do I change the hot/cold mix?

shower (2).JPG

Never mind! The first half dozen times I searched you tube I got similar valves but not the same valve. After my post I ran another search... it came up in the list this time... easy peasy...

Besides... the nursing home for missile system repairmen would never let me in if they knew a shower valve kicked my butt! :rolleyes:

Never mind! The first half dozen times I searched you tube I got similar valves but not the same valve. After my post I ran another search... it came up in the list this time... easy peasy...

Besides... the nursing home for missile system repairmen would never let me in if they knew a shower valve kicked my butt! :rolleyes:
;)
It's sometimes the simplest things that give us fits. You used to change CT scanner x-ray tubes, align them, then calibrate the system so a simple shower valve should be no problem. Says the guy that let trailer wiring kick his butt for 3 hours before he tore it all out and started over.

;)
It's sometimes the simplest things that give us fits. You used to change CT scanner x-ray tubes, align them, then calibrate the system so a simple shower valve should be no problem. Says the guy that let trailer wiring kick his butt for 3 hours before he tore it all out and started over.

I spent all day Tuesday trying to put a new weather strip under our front door. I've got something half a$$ed in for now. Goona have to buy another one to replace the one I butchered trying to install it. :mad:

@Bacpacker I did door weather strip last fall. 36 inch door and I had to take the door off the hings 3 or 4 times before I got it cut right.... I was alone. Talk about a pain!

Spring a year ago my grtnephew had put down my laminate flooring and cut the door bottom to clear the flooring, almost 3/8ths. That left a gap between the door and the old weather strip almost big enough for snakes to get through and winter was approaching... I don't own enough towels to stop up a draft that big.

I had to get a special "high-rise" aluminum weather strip with an extra high rubber cap. I finally got everything cut and adjusted... took me most of a day. I still waited a week before finally sealing it with silicone.

I finished tweaking the shower valve this afternoon. For tools I needed 2 allen wrenches and 2 small flat tip screw drivers. I adjusted the hot/cold setting while taking a shower... Hey, two birds!
biggrin.gif
Couldn't let all that water go to waste.

Last edited:
My problem with the door is just the opposite. My space is too tight, probably why the original seal failed after only 3 years. Gonna work on it more this weekend aft my knees quit barking at me.

Latest posts

Back