Deployed Friends

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used 'Anysoldier.com' but that was about 12 yr ago. I still have the letter but the heli pilot was shot down but he did get out package first.He was in Mosul Iraq.Not sure about whats going on now.

Whoops? Whoops? I'm glad you're not my surgeon.

Well that may be true but considering soem of the doctors today you may be in better hands.:D
In just a few months I went from 2020 vision 'what a pun,huh' to partial blindness and no heart problems to foreign objects cruising around inside my heart but he came out like the bandit he was making about $100,000.
Am I bitter,ya betcha .

That you for doing this caribou! I know those who receive it will very much appreciate it!

That you for doing this caribou! I know those who receive it will very much appreciate it!

I know they will. I just read some of the request on anysoldier and they are still asking for things like feminin hygene and soap, shampoo .And of course soem sstill ask for non essentials too. Seems they are having it pretty bad in some areas like Iraq and Kuwaite pandemic has supplies at a standstill.Many are in Saudi Arabia which was surprise to me.

This is not the first time for us. Our first time we had someone we knew that was deployed, but when they returned we decided to continue the practice. We don't have anyone we know deployed this time so we decided to find out if any of our friends did. We'd kind of like to keep it within the family, so to speak. If none come forward we'll go back to our normal sources for names.

Any soldier wanted a bunch of personal information so we said, pass on them. We decided to do something for the local base. The wife called the chaplains office and they put her in contact with the First Sergeants organisation. She will send some gift cards and the 1ST Sergeants org. will hand them out as they run across needy service families. Also we will send something to the chaplains office as with the flu their normal donations have dropped off.

Thanks to all who responded.

Latest posts

Back