diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
milk
[milk]

NOUN
  1. an opaque white fluid rich in fat and protein, secreted by female mammals for the nourishment of their young:
    "a healthy mother will produce enough milk for her baby"

VERB
  1. draw milk from (a cow or other animal), either by hand or mechanically:
    "two hours later he was up again to milk the cows" · "I had to start the milking"
this fake meat craze too..its not meat....meat substitute is called beans...i dont need anyone inventing fake blood etc. so i can try and trick my brain and give them extra money...lol....i will eat and drink things the way they came mostly...meat,veg and milk from a critter.

fake meat has been pulled in most places here...livestock country dont ya know.
THANK YOU!

Took a hike across mini mtn and back this afternoon..it hit 54f..trail was muddy...i did well not falling..muck shoes caked in mud when i got back to truck..splashed in water before getting in my truck like a big kid...lol

not been walking since got advised foot might need to heal...it is healing..not there yet...felt decent hiking but could tell pulling that steep grade i have not been doing the miles i was...foot felt way better too. i wont push it and see if it will get better.head sweatband got soaked so mission accomplished.

I'm still walking 3-4 miles a day, but for some stupid reason, my weight is still stuck at 228 pounds. Salad for lunch, and soup for dinner, and no, I haven't been cheating, but my pants are getting looser. I guess I can't complain, but it is disheartening to see that scale stay at that weight.

I'm still walking 3-4 miles a day, but for some stupid reason, my weight is still stuck at 228 pounds. Salad for lunch, and soup for dinner, and no, I haven't been cheating, but my pants are getting looser. I guess I can't complain, but it is disheartening to see that scale stay at that weight.
Years ago when I dieted (90 days - 40lbs), I called it "hitting the wall".
Always happened midway thru, but I stuck with it.
Pretty sure it is when your body recalibrates it's efficiency and you get more 'miles per 100 calories'.
But math works, if you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. :thumbs:

Years ago when I dieted (90 days - 40lbs), I called it "hitting the wall".
Always happened midway thru, but I stuck with it.
Pretty sure it is when your body recalibrates it's efficiency and you get more 'miles per 100 calories'.
But math works, if you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. :thumbs:
Funny, I took my walk, as usual, after posting my last post, and whaddayaknow, I broke the barrier. Down to 227.6!

took a trip up bigger mtn this afternoon..3 miles round trip.

foot is healing but not there yet...leg also is doing better...more miles equals less me.

week # 3 day 6

this week I will be ok with just not having gained any ....

had eggnog and cookies last night sitting by the fire, it was worth it

today Cuban sandwiches and black bean soup

no alcohol ( eggnog gone) but I might have a few more cookies
So what’s on a cuban sandwich?

I’m sorry. It was me. I’ve been eating on your behalf 🫣

So what’s on a cuban sandwich?
very popular in Florida
cuban ( or french) bread, with good ham, swiss cheese ( and sometimes also grilled pork, but I didn't have any) on it, plus mustard pickle mayo. You put butter on the outside of the sandwich and bake in the oven with a heavy weight on it ( in a restaurant they have some press thing to do this I think) , I will take a photo next time
you end up with a crispy hot sandwich with the melted cheese

that is absolutely true, you never see fat people in third world countries with food shortages

or watch a few episodes of Survivor, they live on a bowl of rice and some snails a day and some of them end up looking like skeletons

I accomplished two major achievements today. I finally hit the 226 mark, and I purchased a pair of 36" waist pants, and after washing them, they actually fit. We won't discuss my issue with "muffin top" though! :ghostly:
Screenshot_20231223_073153_Fit Profile.jpg
t

very popular in Florida
cuban ( or french) bread, with good ham, swiss cheese ( and sometimes also grilled pork, but I didn't have any) on it, plus mustard pickle mayo. You put butter on the outside of the sandwich and bake in the oven with a heavy weight on it ( in a restaurant they have some press thing to do this I think) , I will take a photo next time
you end up with a crispy hot sandwich with the melted cheese
That sounds dangerously delicious 🤤

week 3 over but I am afraid of stepping on my scale....I think I will wait a few days and start over LOL

Yesterday I ate: shepherds pie, cookies ( didn't count) , a piece of pumpkin and a piece of sweet potato pie oh and spinach and artichoke dip with bread pieces
then we finished the wine I used to make the shepherds pie
and more cookies....

bad diet day for sure

today I am making ham and pineapple pizza

week 3 over but I am afraid of stepping on my scale....I think I will wait a few days and start over LOL

Yesterday I ate: shepherds pie, cookies ( didn't count) , a piece of pumpkin and a piece of sweet potato pie oh and spinach and artichoke dip with bread pieces
then we finished the wine I used to make the shepherds pie
and more cookies....

bad diet day for sure

today I am making ham and pineapple pizza
Why don't you wait until January 1 and make a New Year's resolution. They always work for dieting. LOL!

My 28 year old son, he's autistic, decided two years ago to lose weight. He was at 409. No fast food, no soda and today he weight 212. Does no exercise at all.

day 1 of week 4

today is actually not going to be a huge problem. I am making a turkey which is generally low cal. Broccolie casserole and sweet potatoes. Perfectly healthy meal
Did not bake anything else, the guys can eat some cookies.
I am going back to making the soup too, probably rice soup today

Rusty: wow, thats a lot of weight to lose. Not eating fast food or having soda would not make me lose 1 lb. I already don't do those things. I think everyone knows what their problem foods are. Mine are sweets, baked stuff and chips. Not eating after 6 and the soup seems to be working for me. I think I can manage the holidays without weight gain and then start losing some more

I'm still stuck at about 3 pounds above my goal, I'm thinking that if I really try I can hit my goal by January 1 and then I can re-evaluate my situation.... Possible set a New Year's resolution to drop another 10 in 2024...... (I started to say 15, then thought about it and decided to be realistic...)

I have never dieted and never will, but I watch what I eat, stay off the processed meals rubbish which is full of chemicals and palm oil, cut out the biscuits and chocolate and cookies- thats what puts the weight on and take aways.
I've recently lost 14 lbs by cutting out all that stuff and only eat home cooked meals.
take regular exercise, I walk every day after breakfast.

Back