diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, "mama" is my significant other. We are not married, but she is the best thing I've had in my life since my ex nearly ruined me.

As far as your thoughts on my digestive tract, I too feel this will be just a minor set back.

As far as her 70th, she will get what she wants. I've saved a nice nest egg for these "golden years", and since there are no rich people in a cemetery, we are going to have fun with whatever time the "Big Guy" upstairs provides us!
Well, that makes sense. You must live in a part of the country where it's common to call a wife or a SO, "mama."

Look at just one big dinner on mama's birthday did to my weight loss! Damn!
Screenshot_20240415_093125_Fit Profile.jpg

week 16 day 3

it's pretty sad but I really don't have time this week to do this diet. Cooking healthy requires time. I have been skipping the soup lately and as a result now I am more hungry in the evening and eating more calories , my time restrictions are not working well either
doubt I will lose any this week

Today I am going to make vegan pasta with lentils and walnuts , made this recipe before. It should have homemade pasta, but of course I have no time for that either

I made the pasta with lentils and walnuts and it was really easy, cheap and really good! Meat in it was not missed at all

I put the lentils, chopped onion, garlic, carrots and celery, plus the chopped walnuts in the pressure cooker for 15 minutes with enough water for the lentils (1 cup regular lentils, 1 cup walnuts, 3 carrots , 1 onion, 2 celery sticks)
then add a jar of marinara sauce (homemade or store) and Italian seasoning, some salt, some red chili flakes, some oregano and cook some more, then take out a few cups of the sauce and put in blender, and return to sauce. Then add the cooked pasta ( I used Rigatoni) , we also added cheese but you can skip that ( parmesan on top of the pasta)

Ya lost me at MSN! :barf:
oh please...click on it..its not msn...its various sources for most stories..first one is newsweek..second one is from verywellhealth.....not defending msn...its like others saying something about zerohedge or anywhere else and its just a 'portal' to various sources often...i see articles because i sign out of my hotmail email account and its microsoft so it goes straight to msn.

hotmail was forced into with outlook...i had same email since 1999...not changing now.

dont know who owns newsweek or verywellhealth...maybe its satan himself...honest dont know why i even try anymore...just wanted to encourage myself and others to walk....

Not a big fan of crash diets because you learn nothing and have not changed your lifestyle to something that is sustainable. Most fans of crash diets end up "yoyo dieting" all of their lives (or just give up).
its not about the diet and weight loss per say..its about the body healing itself during this time..i know several now on tv show alone who went a long time with very minimal calories and they reported their bodies healed themselves..one said an injury from over a decade before that was never truly healed from running accident had healed itself....one even after a lifetime of not being able to have a child just gave birth at age 48 or 49 after all her weight loss and self healing during fasting/minimum food...and she was super fit and healthy person and lifestyle.

an honest question..did you read either article?

like i said in previous post..dont know why i even try anymore.

from today while hunting mushrooms..walked two hours...dogwood in bloom and leaves coming out on trees and forest smells great with first things in bloom.

P1000904.JPG

P1000921.JPG

hit it hard today..i pushed till my bad leg thigh was hurting..hobbled back to truck and am wimpy tonight as my leg doesnt want to bend up shut now...dont know if i be able to pull off a hike tomorrow...at one point today sweat was steady running off my nose....2.5 hours walking and climbing around

P1000957.JPG

P1000944.JPG

intermittent fasting coupled with food selection has a huge roll for me...when i posted article about fasting theres all kinds of types of fasting...anyway i was trying to get myself motivated and was cutting back on portion size and what food i was eating..trying to shrink my stomach and jump start my system to 'burn' calories...heres example why...thursday morning till this morning..two days i fasted...meaning i skipped lunch and hit the woods....now i dont want anyone to think i done without food i do eat...example..breakfast twice since thursday was 5 eggs scrambled without oil or butter in pan just plain..yea i know folks spray the pan..anyway those eggs get a small pyrex dessert dish of chilli beans one morning and plain hamburger the other time...example supper is baked chicken breast with green beans and mushrooms. whats happened since thursday morning..i blew off 7# total...!

friday i felt the burn start while hiking and felt it on and off saturday even just resting..i took sabbath off yesterday as i feel a nerve pinching from climbing over and under logs friday. one reason to is this week is passover for me and so its a week of unleavened bread starting tuesday...bread is something i just dont need to eat...very very limited.

i think i got my system jump started again !

edit before anyone thinks i was/am dehydrated etc..no..i had plenty of water an drank all i could hold even when off in wilderness area friday when it got so hot and was sweating so hard..i get cramps easy so i drink water by quart and eat salt in high volumes because i sweat so hard plus i take magnesium...if i dont i got troubles with severe cramps in legs.

So, the Sleep Number bed said i had a bad night's sleep last night, and i should relax today. I just got back from a 4 mile walk, and im done for the day.
By the way, i slept good, but dreamed about having to go back thru the police academy...for the 3rd time! Uggh!
Yep, that would give me nightmares too.
Did you go back as cadet or instructor?
Wondering minds just want to know.

Yep, that would give me nightmares too.
Did you go back as cadet or instructor?
Wondering minds just want to know.
To begin with, I started and completed the reserve police academy back in '83. The next year, I was hired as a full time officer, so I had to do the exact basic police academy, since the reserve academy won't qualify you the credentials necessary for a full time cop. This dream was about them finding out there was a paperwork snafu, and they asked me to go thru it a third time, as a cadet. It is lots of push ups, pull ups and running 10 miles a day. Although I was dreaming, I knew I could do it, but knew at my age it was going to be really hard.

Enough about dreams (although this is a great thread topic!), but I slept great, and my bed said I slept great as well. Mama's birthday was 4/12 and that morning, I weighed 211.8 pounds. Since then, mama has had about 5 birthday dinners and I started blowing up my weight loss. I've been walking more, staying active all day while doing projects (garage insulation, planting flowers, installing outside shower, pruning trees, etc.) so finally after 9 days, I am back to my weight of 211.8 pounds. My goal is 1.8 pounds left, but mama has yet another birthday dinner planned tonight. Here we go again!

Why is a wife's birthday celebration two weeks long?

To begin with, I started and completed the reserve police academy back in '83. The next year, I was hired as a full time officer, so I had to do the exact basic police academy, since the reserve academy won't qualify you the credentials necessary for a full time cop. This dream was about them finding out there was a paperwork snafu, and they asked me to go thru it a third time, as a cadet. It is lots of push ups, pull ups and running 10 miles a day. Although I was dreaming, I knew I could do it, but knew at my age it was going to be really hard.

Enough about dreams (although this is a great thread topic!), but I slept great, and my bed said I slept great as well. Mama's birthday was 4/12 and that morning, I weighed 211.8 pounds. Since then, mama has had about 5 birthday dinners and I started blowing up my weight loss. I've been walking more, staying active all day while doing projects (garage insulation, planting flowers, installing outside shower, pruning trees, etc.) so finally after 9 days, I am back to my weight of 211.8 pounds. My goal is 1.8 pounds left, but mama has yet another birthday dinner planned tonight. Here we go again!

Why is a wife's birthday celebration two weeks long?
you can do it...look what you already done..hell i bet you could get under 200 if you want to even..not that should be the goal..just tossing arbitrary number out there.

be interesting to see if you skipped a meal and ate a birthday meal and see if it be 'fine' as it be sorta intermittent fasting thing..

anyway..keep after it you doing/done great !

I have 46.43 pounds left to lose to reach the high end of my Army weight.
I'm told by my Doctor's part of this weight is the aftermath of Chemo and radiation treatments.
Part of it is water weight( or in my case coffee weight).
And part of it is fatty tissue.
Slow and steady and it will come off.
just keep after it...you doing great...all on thread been doing well in fact...pulling for everyone to feel better...be better..for themselves and others...we can do it !

my goal is to be weight i was when working for usfs!

you can do it...look what you already done..hell i bet you could get under 200 if you want to even..not that should be the goal..just tossing arbitrary number out there.

be interesting to see if you skipped a meal and ate a birthday meal and see if it be 'fine' as it be sorta intermittent fasting thing..

This number is my next goal!

I am under 200 pounds, not by much but under it.
9 pounds.456 ounces under 200 pounds.
Still get tired easily, still working building back up my stamina, muscle tone.
Day at a time.
When I reach 185 pounds I want to eat lobster tails, shrimp, king crab, not all at once cause it will make me ill.
When I reach 175 pounds I want to drink a good tasting dark beer or lager and smoke a good cigar with friends.
When I reach 165 pounds, I want to eat dark rich truffle( haven't had one in 25 years).
When I was stationed Germany the last one I ate.
When I reach 155 pounds I want to eat Prime Rib( never had it either).
When I reach 145 pounds, I want to open and share that bottle of very nice gifted bottle of champagne and enjoy a steak.
It's nice to have goals, will I make those goals, that's up to the Good Lord.
But I am trying to reach my goals one step at a time.

Latest posts

Back