diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
week 18 day 1

korean spicy chicken, rice and spicy eggplant today with salad. I think I am switching from soup to salad since it is no longer cold

17 weeks and I have only lost 15 lbs....oh well , I am not going hungry and eat pretty much the way I usually do except mostly cut out the junk well unless I bake a cake .....I suppose I need to make more of an effort
more success than failures weekly..in fact its all success as you lost and not gained...going towards goal...just think if you kept doing what you are now in 17 weeks what loss could be...dont go get to skinny on us now.

more success than failures weekly..in fact its all success as you lost and not gained...going towards goal...just think if you kept doing what you are now in 17 weeks what loss could be...dont go get to skinny on us now.
thanks for the encouragement! And I will never get too skinny...unless I get sick or something

I use to laugh thinking the only way I could lose weight was to get a dreaded disease. I proved myself wrong!
I'll tell you what seems silly and I even mentioned it to my better half yesterday. For the last 30 years, I ALWAYS had to leave my tee shirts untucked, since my belly was umm, very pronounced. Now that I'm down 50+ pounds, I tuck in all my tee shirts, just because my belly doesn't hang out. What a silly thing, but it is my greatest achievement I've had in years. Do this for your health and your self confidence!

I have the ok from the Doctor's to start working out now.
Light weight training 3-5 pound range.
Got the ok to start yoga again.
look what you done and are doing....better and better each day...keep it up..proud of ya !!

week 18 day 4

I wonder if I should just quit, don't have enough time to cook well this week and don't want to eat all the frozen meals I made for husband when I am gone for a few weeks

today hot dogs and soup , I know no good....

Mobookworm: I am practically bigfoot compared to you LOL

NO...DONT QUIT...you come to far now to turn back...you can do it...!! you been doing it...so what if we have an off week now and again..just press forward and do the best...you will be going towards goal.

NO...DONT QUIT...you come to far now to turn back...you can do it...!! you been doing it...so what if we have an off week now and again..just press forward and do the best...you will be going towards goal.
thanks!

Just thinking about the trip, obviously no diet there....I just hope I don't gain everything back. People are going to want to go out to eat with us and bake cakes and there are Doner Kebabs and all sorts of awesome bakery stuff ( walmart bakery would not sell 1 item over there) plus my town has its own beer brewery LOL

thanks!

Just thinking about the trip, obviously no diet there....I just hope I don't gain everything back. People are going to want to go out to eat with us and bake cakes and there are Doner Kebabs and all sorts of awesome bakery stuff ( walmart bakery would not sell 1 item over there) plus my town has its own beer brewery LOL
Just say NO !

or...look at it like this...go and live and come back and get back on the horse doing it...or think of wanting to be in that bikini or whatever by mid summer !

Tried on new to me old clothes I was gifted.
My new to me shirt sizes are 8-10.
Pants are 12 regular cut.
Not bad, considering I used to wear Plus size 22 or larger.
My shoe size is still a big kid size 4.5.
The Army had have my combat boots special made for me.
my new hiking boots/shoes just came in today....14-4E ....lol

I sure appreciate the support you've provided!
talking to myself when i post too....telling myself dont give up keep going no matter what or the measure.

we are doing it...!

Missed lunch and worked all day. It got me to break another record.
Screenshot_20240503_192822_Fit Profile.jpg

Had i helluva afternoon today till dark....left right after lunch today for road trip through the mtns. i knew i had not been getting out as much either walking/hiking or riding old logging roads and can tell via my bad leg has not been wanting to bend correctly the way it was..in fact its been like this since januarish....its just a thing i gotta deal with since 2001...anyhow....fantastic trip...seen deer and turkeys and a bunch of stuff..got up high enough that hardly a leaf was on the trees in fact crossing one section to another.just before leaving forest and hitting hard top my bad leg decided to revolt a bit and inner thigh stuff started....it was on and off last 20 miles home...got home ,ate and passed out cold...started to get up and pow...inner thigh cramp...calf cramp and foot cramp...bent leg,calf screaming and foot pointing straight up....dam and double dam...started to set down at desk and pow again as soon as butt cheek hit seat.....been taking salt,mag etc...only thing is not getting that constant stretch by doing coupled with nerve stuff shifting...bad leg feels like shredded hamburger right now..i so hoped for a road trip tomorrow....leg is not going to have that i can see....yall known for years i cant ride very far or long(hour was limit)..i still logged in 7 hours in truck and about 85 miles.i was at my favorite place were i hunted a bunch back in the day...!! it was glorious day...tonight i pay the admission price....IT WAS WORTH IT....LOL...ask me again tomorrow....lol

just way things are...way better than i was an hour was my limit riding for years and years..never would i have thought i could do this right now...life is great...get out and do it...!!

Week 18 day 6

got some more microgreens at the market and made rice bowls when we got back. Really good, easy, healthy and cheap too. I cut up a few sweetpotatoes and roasted them with some olive oil and seasoning in the oven, added some chickpeas after a while
Cooked rice. Made sauce: soy, peanutbutter, sesame oil , some rice vinegar and a little honey
cut up a few avocadoes and added some pickled red onions I made a few days ago to the rice bowl plus the greens

week 18 day 7

9 lbs to go
at least I am still going in the right direction, even slow

today Kale soup with sausage and cheese focaccia bread

Kale is the only thing in the garden I can harvest a little bit from, sold a few bags of it yesterday
look at you...told ya !...lol...ya doing it.

yesterday i wanted to give up for the day..but didnt..went at end of day and managed to get 2.5 miles in right before dark. leg done fine..thigh felt like someone touching it as i got in sight of truck...hesitated a bit getting in truck because often it triggers stepping up in truck..it didnt and was fine...i hate it when it does that...didnt want a repeat of friday late and leg feel like hamburger again...didnt walk saturday...just wasnt in me. see what i can get done today..busy day....!

Back