Direct threat to National Security, messaging app has been downloaded more than 10 MILLION times...U

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/totok-spying-tool-united-arab-emirates-report

Excerpt: "A popular messaging app is a spying tool used by the United Arab Emirates to track the activities of those who download it, a new report claims. The app, known as ToTok, is a powerful surveillance tool that's capable of monitoring every conversation, movement, relationship, appointment, sound and image of its users, The New York Times reported on Sunday. Most of the app's users are reportedly in the Emirates, but it has grown in popularity in the U.S., especially among teenagers. The Times reports that the firm behind ToTok, Breej Holding, is actually a front for DarkMatter, an Abu Dhabi-based cyberintelligence and hacking firm employing Emirati intelligence officials, former National Security Agency employees and former Israeli military intelligence agents.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/totok-spying-tool-united-arab-emirates-report

Excerpt: "A popular messaging app is a spying tool used by the United Arab Emirates to track the activities of those who download it, a new report claims. The app, known as ToTok, is a powerful surveillance tool that's capable of monitoring every conversation, movement, relationship, appointment, sound and image of its users, The New York Times reported on Sunday. Most of the app's users are reportedly in the Emirates, but it has grown in popularity in the U.S., especially among teenagers. The Times reports that the firm behind ToTok, Breej Holding, is actually a front for DarkMatter, an Abu Dhabi-based cyberintelligence and hacking firm employing Emirati intelligence officials, former National Security Agency employees and former Israeli military intelligence agents.

Looks like the gangs are there, where is KGB?

And yet another spy app that I don't have. Because I don't really have any apps.

I'm right with you. They tease me at work because I am the only person they know who uses a burn phone for real. No computer. No camera. No apps. I don't even know how to text. Make calls. Receive calls. Period. What more do you need. I guess they won't be spying on me.

I'm right with you. They tease me at work because I am the only person they know who uses a burn phone for real. No computer. No camera. No apps. I don't even know how to text. Make calls. Receive calls. Period. What more do you need. I guess they won't be spying on me.

Yep. I have a smart phone because it was free with the $25/mo unlimited plan I am on, but other than the apps that come built in I have added on only three. First is my department's encrypted email app and second is the security authentication app that makes me verify my identity before I can read my department email. The third is the app that alerts me if my home security system is set off or my surveillance cameras detect motion.

Latest posts

Back