Ditched yet another "woke" site.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 55

Just a Drifter
Neighbor
The past couple of days, since the "issue" in Texas, a certain forum software group decided that they should speak out against the evil "you know what". I withheld comment initially up until the thread was locked and the only reason it was was due to other than liberal conversation.
Hey, the software was free and I have been there for years. No more. I will pay for what I want especially when we reach the "woke" point. I have supported them for years financially. Not a huge thing really but something I felt was right. Too bad. I am over it. The past couple years have shown me what people truly are. I have become so jaded I am seriously considering not having contact with people in general and thats sad. I suppose this should be in rants and I know it has nothing to do with anyone here but I am simply sick of where we are now. Sorry all. I could use my own site to post this and likely will but wanted to share here too. In the end, its all small stuff but when the small stuff becomes a mountain it is time to speak up.
Thanks all. Carry on and ignore.

Signed; Tired of Stupid...... o_O

jalopnik supposedly a car enthusiasts website for some years has now been spreading the most primitive propaganda too.

I think it's sad that people think they need to spew their political opinion and everyone should listen and agree because they are special and always right :rolleyes:
I've mentioned to Hubby more than once - I could go be a hermit somewhere. So for what it's worth G - I hear ya.

I think it's sad that people think they need to spew their political opinion and everyone should listen and agree because they are special and always right :rolleyes:
I've mentioned to Hubby more than once - I could go be a hermit somewhere. So for what it's worth G - I hear ya.

I have told my wife and everyone who would listen the exact same thing. I usually get a condescending eyeroll, but I am as serious as a heart attack. I would move to a mountain top, and let the rest of the world go by. Remember the movie Secondhand Lions? It you haven't seen it, it is a must watch. That is exactly how I would live.

Remember the movie Secondhand Lions?

Great movie. I tend to gravitate to their lifestyle to an extent. Bold, old school values, not afraid to confront or speak up................I am hated by some because of it, and that's OK.

My kids and wife will often tell me that I am so embarrassing because I speak up against stupidity no matter where I encounter it, restaurant, grocery store line, just about anywhere. That is the problem with our society today, we (collective) accept things, or at the very least tolerate it, that we know are completely antithetical to to what most of us would consider normal human behavior.

Personally, escaping it and being a hermit is really the only viable solution, we aren't going to "fix" what is wrong with society today, that ship has sailed.

In the end, its all small stuff but when the small stuff becomes a mountain it is time to speak up.

It became a mountain because we all didn't speak up soon enough. Food for thought. I have to believe there are way more common sense well grounded people among us, but along with that comes politeness. We remained polite for way too long IMO.

Most feel they need to go along to get along, well, that has never served anyone well throughout history.

I can remember 50 years ago most of what we accept as a society today would have never gained traction then.

I have told my wife and everyone who would listen the exact same thing. I usually get a condescending eyeroll, but I am as serious as a heart attack. I would move to a mountain top, and let the rest of the world go by. Remember the movie Secondhand Lions? It you haven't seen it, it is a must watch. That is exactly how I would live.
A very good movie.
There was a woman who lived near where my bro. and SIL live who is now gone. She got so fed up with "society" and never left her place again. She lived out in the desert. Her son would bring her staples & she produced or procured the rest of what she needed. I believe she was in her 50's at the time. Not sure how long she lived, but 30-40 years without leaving her place is pretty remarkable. I like being "home" and do think I could do as she did. At the same time, I have many questions I would love to ask her.

I also boycott Kraft products since they donate money to the enemies of our Republic.
No more kraft cheese slices for me.

There are other people of good intent and strong moral fiber out there. It is just hard to find and connect with them most times.
Right now is a good time to find a few good people to ensure some good people survive the coming dumpster fires and are around to start again.

Back