Do you have an "OFFAL PIT".

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually I gut stuff in the field- before draggin it out many times right where it dropped. I use alot of the organ meat and would use more if surviving but I don't mind letting nature clean up the less desirables sometimes. I suppose I'd dig my own pit if I was a farmer.

Usually I gut stuff in the field- before draggin it out many times right where it dropped. I use alot of the organ meat and would use more if surviving but I don't mind letting nature clean up the less desirables sometimes. I suppose I'd dig my own pit if I was a farmer.

So, the answer is "NO".

How would you figure to dispose of 43 "Expired" humans post SHTF.

So, the answer is "NO".

not going to worry about...they will get a sky burial !!

back in the day and for a long time bodies were just placed in a 'cave' and nature take its course and then a year or so later the bones were removed and placed on shelf and/or a box inside the tomb/cave...think Jesus burial.

forerunner at HT showed he could compost a full grown cow in short order in a compost pile.

Jeremiah 19:7​

King James Version​

7 And I will make void the counsel of Judah and Jerusalem in this place; and I will cause them to fall by the sword before their enemies, and by the hands of them that seek their lives: and their carcases will I give to be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.

So, the answer is "NO".

A pile of pine logs and used motor oil.

1714698061620.png

wood ash leaches out pretty caustic lye which should help. with decomp, but around here the wild life would take care of it fairly quick, maybe, humans have a lot of poisons in their bodies so they might not get eaten, in that case fire and plenty of it

When I lived in the ...bush... when we butchered anything I had a spot in the far part of the pasture near the swamp where I could dump as needed and was able to sneak up on this spot from down wind... This spot seemed a good diversion for any predator or scavenger to side track or detour them from continuing down stream to our buildings and livestock...

At one time I proposed material like this be used in a ... maggot feeder... for the chickens... That idea got met with a resounding NO !!!

Latest posts

Back