Do you "TRULY" believe most preppers are serious...???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...The biggest risk for well prepared - Heirless - preppers is that nothing will happen during our lifetime (and/or where we are located). In that case, preparedness could be argued to have been a waste of time, money and effort ...

Slight caviat-interjection. :)

Prepping - for those of us with the Blessing (albeit, a roundly Challenging one.. Which is Still 'good for us', No Pain, No Gain, etc.. :cool: ) of a Child or Thrice - is ne'r validly argued to be a 'Waste' - To the contrary, it's an Inheritance Worth Inheriting :cool: (Land, LTS, Tools, including defense, etc, etc, etc..)

Thus - in Any context - both for the 'Single Man of Action', and the 'Father of a Bakers Dozen' - Prepping is Never 'wasted effort'. 👍

'Sitcoms on the couch', however? Yeeeah, Not so much.. ;)

jd

most "preppers" over here are of the short term variety, they only prep until things get back to normal, stuff that only lasts a few hours, a few days, a few weeks, until everything gets back to "normal".

Back in the day..my inflated ego drove my will and interests on alot of different areas of my life to somewhat extremes. I was quick to make judgements on anyone who couldnt keep up physically or mentally mainly because I was so disciplined n hard on myself.
One of my saying has been and is; Mind, Body and Spirit. Saying it and living this in a balanced way has been a struggle for me.
It's taken me years, a few health issues, many hours of thoughtful contemplation, lots of failures n a few successes to achieve some kind of sence of balance.
That balance I'd like to achieve on a daily basis, I am more thoughtfully putting to practice.
Thankfully I have lightened up on myself and in turn..I recognize we all have a journey to make.
The lifestyle I live, the jobs I've chosen as a woman , not being married or having kids isnt the norm. I get it..I'm not or probably ever fit into the standard norm.
In the prepping world, if were measuring ourselves on a sliding scale , I'm now probably somewhere in the middle, hanging out in a hotspring sipping a cold one n not too worried.
I realize my chances of survival now..single, older n less physically able to do what I used to be able to do or endure puts me more into maybe last a year or so post shtf world. I know I'll certainly strive to survive as I've a stubborn will; I'm not really frightened of the prospect of not making it. As Im exploring my relationship with the spiritual side , leaving a hard life potentially full of physical woes, seedy rapist mobs n very little rest might be ok.
I've little interest in judging others , people have lives, other interests , they are not excuses..its life.
I just do my thing. If I can help teach someone something..great! if someone can teach me something..great!
When it hits the fan..I have a better chance than jane average for awhile ..yea me..lol.

... not being ..having kids isnt the norm...

Agreed, and actually - Wife and I would Love to produce another kin (or maybe even two..) but... Not even at All thinking of how "hard" parenting can be (Far-more Joy than 'pain', Imo..) But just based on Seeing the condition of the 'world they'd have To grow up in' - we decided Nope, no more.. Just not 'fair' to Them, since they've no choice in getting 'thrown into' all this - and yet, look at what they're 'forced' to have to deal with.. :(

So, I guess you could say "serious Preppers" might even be those who choose to put starting a Family 'on hold', until what we can All Clearly See is Coming, either settles down.. or we survive Past it..

jd

I view everyone here as serious preppers. I don't see us all as equally prepped. In my 20's I had my cupboards full a few dollars set aside, and my house paid for. I was happy with my preps. I got sick and couldn't work for several months. When I got better I had lost my job due to not being able to show up. Around the middle of the monthI got a call for an interview. After half an hour or 45 minutes of this guy telling me how miserable this job was I said, "In two weeks my monthly bills will come due. I've got $100 in my pocket. That will not cover my bills let alone put food on the table. Are you offering me a job or not?" I got the job. Today I feel the need for more food and more ready cash. I don't feel that I'm more serious about my prepping today but I see a need for more than I did back then.

I had a recent discussion with a couple of pro jab preppers. I worry about them because they took the jab and believe in it. I'm sure they worry about me because I didn't. We are all happy to let everyone make their own choices though we do try to get our differing data to the other. They feel better prepped with the jab. I feel I will live longer without the jab. We all approach prepping somewhat differently. We all try to help the other by sharing our views.

Trivia

Regardless of what the definition of a TRUE PREPPER is...

I heard a stat that only 1% of the US population considers themselves preppers.

I would hope that number would be higher maybe 10%.

Ben

Trivia

Regardless of what the definition of a TRUE PREPPER is...

I heard a stat that only 1% of the US population considers themselves preppers.

I would hope that number would be higher maybe 10%.

Ben
99% are probably thinking of the show Doomsday Preppers. Anybody with a savings or retiremenemt account is a preppers, just the socially acceptable kind.

the number of serious preppers over here, not the hobby or social kind, I could count on the fingers of one hand.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back