Do you wave to neighbors, passing cars?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still wave here, especially in the countryside- though we do it when in the towns just to see the look of confusion on peoples faces. Here there are different signals- mainly if you are male.
So if you are mates, its a slap with the back of the hand on the windshield and kept there for a few seconds,
if they are known well like neighbors, a wave
Not good friends, just raise the fingers off the steering wheel, if a stranger, or maybe someone pulled out of your way, a raising of the index finger to acknowledge them.
My youngest is learning to drive- shes too busy concentrating on the road, so everyone gets the index finger because shes doesn't recognize anyone!

On the train to the Grand Canyon there are 2 different houses where the people stand outside and wave as the train passes.
The do it going both ways every day.
I do wave at my neighbors.
We did that as young children when the train went by our farm. My parents were always concerned about what kind of people might be on the train and do nefarious things.

Latest posts

Back