Does anyone need a Charger.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curmudgeon

In Remembrance Jan 2024
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This is a real ad on Craigslist. A member on the car site posted it, after he posted to CL.

I am a concerned parent of an 18 year old young man. His mother and I bought this Awesome 1 owner 2006 Dodge Charger R/T for him as a first car (We made a mistake) Recently it has come to our attention this car fails to Stop at Stop signs and then according to the Police officer "ACCELERATES RAPIDLY" in a 25 mph speed zone. Our young man should've learned a lesson and found himself fortunate when he plead "Not guilty" of this offense. He was let off the hook by the Judge with a stern warning. No points and No fine. Not to mention the "Lecture" he was given at home about safety and responsibility behind the wheel.
This car apparently has a bad habit and failed to stop at another stop sign? Only now according to the Police officer was traveling afterwards at approximately 75 mph in a 40 mph on a back country road!!! We have yet to face the consequences of these violations. It looks like this time he's looking at 5 points AND a suspension of his driver's license. But again he is going to plead "Not Guilty" and ask for forgiveness.
It is OUR DUTY as parents to teach and protect our children. This is a job his mother and I take VERY SERIOUS!!!

I am also the victim of an 18 year old careless driver who killed my Dad and Aunt in a head on crash I am trying to protect another innocent family of suffering the results of an irresponsible driver who cannot follow the rules of the road.

Therefore we are offering FOR SALE this 2 owner 2006 Dodge Charger R/T with a 5.7 liter Hemi engine rated 345 hp. It is known to ACCELERATE RAPIDLY and fails to stop at stop signs (Maybe you can teach it not to?) it runs , drives , and stops (most of the time) as it should. There is just over 102,000 miles. It has A/C , Leather interior , 4 wheel anti-lock brakes , new catalytic convertors , and an extra set of tires and wheels with snow tires.

PLEASE HELP US SAVE OUR SON'S LIFE AND BUY THIS CAR. THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN!!!
Offered for $9,000 Phone calls only I will not respond to text. I will NOT RESPOND TO TEXT PHONE CALLS ONLY!!! Sorry for the price change Mom and I had a miscommunication She said "The price is $9,000 FIRM"

This is a real Dad, selling his real kids car because he can't control himself. He posted his CL ad to the other forum I am on.

That car sounds a lot like my Mustang when I was 16. I just never got busted for how I drove
If you outrun the cops, you never got a ticket. :thumbs:
...we did that, a lot.😃
His son is only guilty of not learning how to properly handle horsepower☹️.

Last edited:
What's the flippin' phone number?! I'll buy it!

Responding but I need to know if the car is defective or the driver? I will call and make the payment, but delivery will be an issue. Maybe...

Phone number please and State? Is it already taken??????

What kind of warped parent would make such a post about their son like that? My BS meter is pegged.

What kind of parent would buy their 18 year old kid a Charger for his first car?!?

A parent that has a 6 foot 9 inch 330 pound kid with size 18 shoes? They tried other vehicles and he was able to fit into this one.

I rode a motorcycle first, so Ii had to be careful.
I was taught to act like everyone wants to kill you & you will be fine.
It worked for me, got my first pick up next, can't haul dirt in a car.

Latest posts

Back