Does technology giants track your movements?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flight

I just me.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Not sure if this is in the right area then mods you can move it.

Well according to this article they do, here is a paragraph or two of article.

Google wants to know where you go so badly that it records your movements even when you explicitly tell it not to.

An Associated Press investigation found that many Google services on Android devices and iPhones store your location data even if you’ve used privacy settings that say they will prevent it from doing so.

Computer-science researchers at Princeton confirmed these findings at the AP’s request.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4384183/google-track-location-movement-phone/amp/

Absolutely they can track where you go and what you do via your cell phone - gps, social media, browser use, and even the microphone and camera. The latter two aren't usually on, but they can be turned on remotely. Google Home and Amazon's Echo listen constantly but allegedly don't relay any information except your requests. The tech is capable of listening to anything and their behavior could be remotely modified using sounds inaudible to humans. Use of credit and debit cards can easily be tracked. Combine all this with the ubiquitous surveillance cameras - both government owned and private - and most people's lives are pretty much wide open.

The NSA has built an enormous data center to store all sorts of data of the type your phone and other everyday items are capable of collecting, as well as data collected by other means. We don't know precisely what's being kept there because it's classified.

They have everything possible on me already. I write a blog and have been promoting it for years so it is my own fault. Just lately I have started doing reviews for Google and so I allow them to track me. I don't really do anything that I would consider secretive. I just looked at that link and yeah, they show pretty much every place I was today online. Even here and every board I went to. But what difference does it make to me? I can't see that it is anything I need to worry about.

They have everything possible on me already. I write a blog and have been promoting it for years so it is my own fault. Just lately I have started doing reviews for Google and so I allow them to track me. I don't really do anything that I would consider secretive. I just looked at that link and yeah, they show pretty much every place I was today online. Even here and every board I went to. But what difference does it make to me? I can't see that it is anything I need to worry about.

Me too!

Latest posts

Back