Does Vinegar Burn and Reduce Body Fat?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joel

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Vinegar has been used medicinally for thousands of years. Throughout history, it has been touted as a cure-all for everything from illness to enhancing emotion.

Acetic acid, the active ingredient in vinegar, was believed to be so potent that Hippocrates (c. 420 BC) used it to heal wounds.1 Military strategist Hannibal of Carthage (c. 200 BC) used vinegar to dissolve boulders and Cleopatra (c. 50 BC) liquefied pearls to create a love potion with it.

In the present day, research has shown that vinegar could have many health benefits such as managing blood sugar levels and possibly suppressing body fat.2 It has also been suggested that vinegar can stimulate more effective fat burning.

Before you add it to your weight loss program, here's what the evidence has to say on whether vinegar can reduce body fat and improve your health.

Acetic acid is a short-chain fatty acid that occurs naturally in body fluids and is produced by the good bacteria in your gut.4 When you eat fiber-rich foods, the fiber in your colon and produces acetic acid.

It's been proposed that increasing short-chain fatty acids like acetic acid could play an important role in body fat reduction. It could also assist with other key bodily functions, including:5

• Improving colon health
  • Increasing metabolism
  • Naturally suppressing appetite
  • Promoting more efficient carbohydrate and fat metabolism
The main research that linked vinegar to body fat was an animal study in 2017 that was published in the Science Report. The findings suggested that vinegar could suppress fat accumulation in mice.6

While the study was done in rodents, the researchers concluded that vinegar would have a similar effect on body fat in humans. However, more research is needed to test the theory.

In 2009, a study conducted in Japan on 155 obese subjects over a 12-week treatment period examined the effect of vinegar on body fat.7 The study participants were separated into three groups based on similar weight, BMI (Body Mass Index), and waist measurement.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) was selected because it is a more palatable form of vinegar. During the test trial, the volunteers drank a 500ml beverage containing 15 mL of vinegar, 30 mL, or 0 mL. The participants' food intake and exercise were strictly monitored and accurately recorded during the study.
A small study published in the Journal of Diabetes Research in 2015 examined how vinegar would affect blood glucose (sugar) levels during a mixed meal in adults with type 2 diabetes.2

The patients were given either 30 ml of vinegar mixed with water or a placebo at random order on two separate days a week apart. Five minutes after the drink, subjects consumed a meal consisting of cheese, turkey ham, orange juice, butter, and a cereal bar within fifteen minutes.

The vinegar reduced postprandial hyperglycemia, hypertriglyceridemia, and hyperinsulinemia in this study.

The results suggest that having a mixed meal containing acetic acid in the form of vinegar reduces the glycemic response in the bloodstream. Vinegar is not only great for a tasty salad but could help you maintain healthy blood sugar levels.

The Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism had published a similar study in 2010.9

Johnston CS, Steplewska I, Long CA, Harris LN, Ryals RH. Examination of the antiglycemic properties of vinegar in healthy adults. Ann Nutr Metab. 2010;56(1):74-9. doi:10.1159/000272133
The study examined the effect of vinegar ingestion both during mealtime as well as five hours before. The researchers were specifically looking for differences in glycemic (sugar) response based on when the vinegar was consumed.

The findings from four randomized studies indicated that taking two teaspoons of vinegar with a complex carbohydrate meal reduced glycemic response better than consuming vinegar five hours before eating. One trial was dedicated to participants with type 2 diabetes and the remaining three trials included healthy adults. All participants following a strict meal and fasting protocols during each testing cycle.
https://www.verywellfit.com/how-doe...rch, acetic acid,a fat suppressor and burner.

Vinegar consists of acetic acid (CH3COOH), water, and trace amounts of other chemicals, which may include flavorings. The concentration of the acetic acid is variable. Distilled vinegar contains 5-8% acetic acid. Spirit of vinegar is a stronger form of vinegar that contains 5-20% acetic acid.
The patients were given either 30 ml of vinegar mixed with water or a placebo at random order on two separate days a week apart. Five minutes after the drink, subjects consumed a meal consisting of cheese, turkey ham, orange juice, butter, and a cereal bar within fifteen minutes.
Vinegar that is used for consumption is approximately 3% to 9% acetic acid by volume (essentially diluted acetic acid).

If you mean 100% acetic acid, I do not think you can buy it.
20% is the highest I have found & it was to test a DIY weed killer.
Solarization works better than 20% acetic acid.
The article 30 ml(1 oz.) of 3% to 9% acetic acid.
Most industrial acids are diluted with water, only labs have 100%.
I have only used seven or eight different acids when I was working in a heat treat shop.

Vinegar consists of acetic acid (CH3COOH), water, and trace amounts of other chemicals, which may include flavorings. The concentration of the acetic acid is variable. Distilled vinegar contains 5-8% acetic acid. Spirit of vinegar is a stronger form of vinegar that contains 5-20% acetic acid.
Vinegar that is used for consumption is approximately 3% to 9% acetic acid by volume (essentially diluted acetic acid).

I have only used seven or eight different acids when I was working in a heat treat shop.
My statement stands, stick with vinegar.

Just because YOU do not have sources means nothing, stick with what you KNOW, not what the internet tells you.

https://www.amazon.com/Cleanaroo-Co...&qid=1706251484&sprefix=95%++V,aps,676&sr=8-7

The problem with the ad is that all vinegar has acetic acid & water in it.
So when a product says it is 75% vinegar & 25% water it has more than 25% water by volume in it. However you can buy 75% acetic acid, which has 0nly 25% water & other chemicals.
So when it says vinegar, it is a mix with fairly low % of acetic acid.
If it says Acetic acid 75% then it is a different product.
We breath air, but we need oxygen, however we only get 19.5% or so oxygen, more than 21% oxygen in the "air" would be harmful for most of the life forms on earth. It is the amount that counts, if the product does not state the amount of the active ingredient, then it is not a pure form of said ingredient. Vinegar is not acetic acid, vinegar has acetic acid in it as the active ingredient.
Chlorine bleach is a good example of this law, chlorine in city water, but you can not drink bleach, it is a percentage thing.

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back