Dogs ...all about dogs only

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cr&p!!!!

I guess walking her on a leash is out of the question .... lolol
She is very docile.
To walk her she have to wear a
Halti and a mini choker a very short leash

I did train another Dane for Dog show Conformation
I did basic obedience training first then
Never had a problem

This is her kind of gear she does wear when I have to go to the vet
1716056008351.png

I always found weird like * Oh its a dove on my dog tomb !!! * 💕
when I did buried my Harlequin 11.3 years old Great Dane
One day this happened ...I asked if it was a dove ..and some people told
me there are some albinos morning doves but OMG it did makes me have tears
of emotion 💐

its happened that way...here the photos

1716065675285.jpeg

1716065853970.jpeg

SAM_9324.JPG

SAM_9323.JPG

It stays there for a bit then went back on a tree branch
1716065819718.jpeg

I always found weird like * Oh its a dove on my dog tomb !!! * 💕
when I did buried my Harlequin 11.3 years old Great Dane
One day this happened ...I asked if it was a dove ..and some people told
me there are some albinos morning doves but OMG it did makes me have tears
of emotion 💐

its happened that way...here the photos

View attachment 130188

View attachment 130192

View attachment 130190
View attachment 130189

It stays there for a bit then went back on a tree branch
View attachment 130191
When my MIL dies a white dove sat on her porch roof for 3 days.
Never was seen before or after.

Yesterday I went to a garage sale for 1 reason only. Our newest family member's (Myshia) sister was there. I "expected" a small black & tan dachshund because she was the runt of the litter. What I saw was almost a twin to our Myshia. She was black & red (Myshia is a dapple) & just one inch shorter than Myshia. Both have the same disposition (OMG a new friend). I was shocked at how much they looked like each other. Myshia got groomed the other day so she wasn't as wooly as her sister. Oh & after I left my wife got to talking to her "mother" & we are now going to baby sit Kiko (that's her name) for a few days when they are out of town. That should be interesting.

Mattie was such a wonderful good dog! Adopted from the shelter at 6 months old, she was 80 pounds of love and loyalty. Never said a word unless someone came to the house, and then she sounded ten foot tall and bullet proof. Scared plenty a salesman or census taker off the porch even when there was a locked door between them! Her protectiveness was such a blessing for the times my Daughter had to be home alone before I got in from work. At first we had a kennel with a heated dog house and put her outside before we left for the day. Then we hit a stretch of -14 weather and I couldn't bear to leave her out there - even though she had the big husky coat and absolutely loved the snow - so we left her in the house for the full 8 hours we were gone. She never made a mess and quickly became a full time house dog and we sold the kennel.
She loved to play in the snow, and watching her run across the yard, stretched full length, paws throwing up tufts of grass, was to see joy personified. She shared her magical fibers of love throughout the house and one swipe of that fluffy tail would knock all the loose puzzle pieces off the coffee table. She would crawl in my lap and make my chair fall back against the wall but she was convinced she was a lap dog.
I knew my guy was the one for me the first time he visited at the house and Mattie immediately took to him and did not bark.
Broke my heart when she couldn't move without pain and vet said the only thing left was to let her go. She seemed to say she knew her job was done; Daughter was grown and moved out, and I had Husband to look after me.
She'll have a special place in my heart forever. I've never known a more gentle, caring soul.
1716346321438.jpeg
1716346717087.jpeg

I've only had rescues over the years.
Ive never had a puppy..always wanted one but I work too many hours and no help. Now I'm not sure I'd have the energy for a pup but we will see.
These are my current pups. Danny is a Black Mouth Cur. He was used as a breeder for his first 5 years. The breeding operation was shut down to to inhumane and unsanitary conditions , dead dogs in cages in piles of filth type stuff.
Danny was pretty feral and terrified of everything..he spent 2 years in a non kill shelter. The staff tried getting him more adoptable but I didnt care. I had the perfect set up for a dog like him. No kids, no mean men around ..just me.
It took awhile but he has come out of his shell alot. He greets everyone now, loves his hikes n walks, comes back and is very protective of this place when I'm not home. My security cameras I installed 2 months ago have been revealing.
Curs are known for being protective..I'm seeing a side of him I figured was beat out of him by his first disgusting owner. Danny is a good boy!
Bella came to me about 2 years ago. She is a fat boxer. Supposedly pure but I'm thinking she might have some rottweiler in her dna.
Regardless, her 86 yrs old lady died and the family had only held onto her for the in laws sake but needed to find her a home once the lady passed.
I wanted a older confident female dog to help bring Danny more out of his shell.
A doggie friend therapist for my Danny boy ! And she helped Danny remember how to be a dogs dog again.
Bella reminded Danny how to :
Enjoy the sunshine when I'm not home and not hide in a corner.
How to guard ,growl n bark at anything that does not have permission to approach home when I'm not home.
The joy of bone chewing in the sun
Water can be fun..
They make a great team and together we are the 3 amigos..its been a fun adventure.

Attachments

• 20240413_123601.jpg
    20240413_123601.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230813_220958.jpg
    20230813_220958.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230611_104145.jpg
    20230611_104145.jpg
Other than Leon who was a gift from the breeder for my Special son, we have a Lab/pyrenees mix. Someone brought the entire litter to the "pound". He has been great. He is 10 and is now getting arthritis and dysplasia. I hate to see that.

We had a Golden that had dysplasia so badly that I had to pick up his back side to get him up the steps.

Last edited:
Our first dachshund when we got married (I had her before we were even dating) was named Lady. We also called her The Girl & she pretty much ran the house or at least it revolved around her. Later we added another female dachshund named Doey (real name "Ladie's doe eyed shadow"). Now the point of the story. Years after they passed we happened to go somewhere where there was an artist trying to sell her paintings. We got to talking & one thing led to another. We now have a painted picture of both of them together on our fireplace. Well worth the money!!!!!

I've never owned a "rescue" dog before, not even sure what one is. I did have a couple mutts when I was a kid. Since them I've only bought quality registered pups. Nothing wrong with mutts, but I prefer registered purebred dogs. Even my cattle were registered purebreds.
A rescue is a dog someone "rescues" from a shelter, kill or no kill or some other unsavory situation. They can be purebred with or without papers, or mutts..any breed because it doesnt make a difference.
In the world of folks who handle , work at vet offices, shelters and breeders..a 'rescue" is a dog who someone acquired by means of a situation upon the dogs circumstances.
Both my pups are purebreds ( Bella however I question but supposedly she is papered, as well as Danny but I dont care)
For example, both are "rescues" because I adopted them not strait from the puppy litter..they were both seniors actually.
Neither have hands ..but they both hold my heart.
I've always wanted pup..African Borebol or Cane Corso pup. Both are serious pups needing serious training, time n energy. Having to work as much as I still do doesnt allow me to commit to that endeavor as it should ..so..the older rescue pups are a good fit for us both.
Over the years, I've noticed mutts are less needy as far as vet services go. They are hardy and tend to get the best of what breeds they embody.
The purebreds I have n have had tend to be the problem child. Overbreeding has taken its tool on many purebreds. Danny Dog seems to not be affected but..they are not a popular breed in the west.
Just my observations...

Spruced up Hooch's gravesite tonight...
Hooch is the pup as my avatar. Pure redneck American Pittbull Terrier and ??

He was a trailer trash meth head "guard dog"
Who happened to love people...like most Pittys..
He was confiscated by the sheriff dept I used to work at and spent the next two years in the pound.
Once his "owner " went to prison n signed him over..and...because he was a pitty and a huge boy from a drug house..no one wanted him.
He became very bonded to the pound master..he preferred male handlers.
He eventually thought I was pretty cool n we were besties for almost 10 years..
He was a great dog. He inspired me to volunteer at the shelter for a few years to help all the awesome pittys who get discarded by their idiot owners.
He was a great friend..

Attachments

• 20240523_192512.jpg
    20240523_192512.jpg
Spruced up Hooch's gravesite tonight...
Hooch is the pup as my avatar. Pure redneck American Pittbull Terrier and ??

He was a trailer trash meth head "guard dog"
Who happened to love people...like most Pittys..
He was confiscated by the sheriff dept I used to work at and spent the next two years in the pound.
Once his "owner " went to prison n signed him over..and...because he was a pitty and a huge boy from a drug house..no one wanted him.
He became very bonded to the pound master..he preferred male handlers.
He eventually thought I was pretty cool n we were besties for almost 10 years..
He was a great dog. He inspired me to volunteer at the shelter for a few years to help all the awesome pittys who get discarded by their idiot owners.
He was a great friend..
BEAUTIFUL!! We have our pet cemetery!! Dogs, cats, horses, birds!! They all need to be remembered!!❤️❤️❤️

A rescue is a dog someone "rescues" from a shelter, kill or no kill or some other unsavory situation. They can be purebred with or without papers, or mutts..any breed because it doesnt make a difference.
In the world of folks who handle , work at vet offices, shelters and breeders..a 'rescue" is a dog who someone acquired by means of a situation upon the dogs circumstances.
Both my pups are purebreds ( Bella however I question but supposedly she is papered, as well as Danny but I dont care)
For example, both are "rescues" because I adopted them not strait from the puppy litter..they were both seniors actually.
Neither have hands ..but they both hold my heart.
I've always wanted pup..African Borebol or Cane Corso pup. Both are serious pups needing serious training, time n energy. Having to work as much as I still do doesnt allow me to commit to that endeavor as it should ..so..the older rescue pups are a good fit for us both.
Over the years, I've noticed mutts are less needy as far as vet services go. They are hardy and tend to get the best of what breeds they embody.
The purebreds I have n have had tend to be the problem child. Overbreeding has taken its tool on many purebreds. Danny Dog seems to not be affected but..they are not a popular breed in the west.
Just my observations...
I wish people were more responsible pet owners. My current mutt is a prue bred German short-haired pointer. A few weeks ago my wife accidentally ran him over with the tractor. Two vets said that he should be put down. I was going to do it, until he looked up at me and wagged his tail. I couldn't pull the trigger. So we drove another hundred miles and took him to an animal hospital. After 3 days in the hospital, major surgery and $10,000 he survived. He's back to his old goofy self now.

I wish people were more responsible pet owners. My current mutt is a prue bred German short-haired pointer. A few weeks ago my wife accidentally ran him over with the tractor. Two vets said that he should be put down. I was going to do it, until he looked up at me and wagged his tail. I couldn't pull the trigger. So we drove another hundred miles and took him to an animal hospital. After 3 days in the hospital, major surgery and $10,000 he survived. He's back to his old goofy self now.
So glad he is better.

I wish folks were too.
I'm glad your pup is ok! I have a friend who always gets pointers . They are great pups...I love the wire haired version..such character in those scruffy faces!

Latest posts

Back