Done!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winds-of-change

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We closed in our ranch home on 7.5 acres of land yesterday. Now we need to get it painted inside and do a few more minor things then we can move in. Hubby bought. 54” zero turn mower that will be delivered Friday. He wants to mow the absolutely dead and dry grass but there is a spot or two that has tall grass.
Here’s the problem…….

Attachments

• 5DCE6665-B42D-4057-B531-A3402FCB5FEE.png
    5DCE6665-B42D-4057-B531-A3402FCB5FEE.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 3
We closed in our ranch home on 7.5 acres of land yesterday. Now we need to get it painted inside and do a few more minor things then we can move in. Hubby bought. 54” zero turn mower that will be delivered Friday. He wants to mow the absolutely dead and dry grass but there is a spot or two that has tall grass.
Here’s the problem…….
First, congrats!!! 🥂
Secondly, looks like you are midnight mowers ;)

Congratulation's on your NEW HOMESTEAD!! That right there is a big accomplishment! We only have 10 acers, BUT there is so much you can do with that amount. You make the home the way you want right now with paint and a few touches. Can only assume fencing is in your future with garden and or critters?

I'd leave the grass alone for now. With a new place, there's always 100 other things to do. When you do mow for the first time, if you can't see the ground underneath, I'd keep the mower on it's highest cut setting.
Did you see he just bought a new 54" zero turn mower?
No way will he wait.
That's liking asking a new husband to wait. NOT happening. 😄
Plus it's better to mow it instead of waiting for it to catch fire when you're not around.

So, how's the new ZTR? If you don't mind me asking, which one did you get? I was looking at new ones last week but the models I liked where in the $15-20K range. :( I guess I'll be keeping my old one (which I like but I too like new toys).

Congratulations on your new home.
Now the real work begins.
I’ve been gone a LOOOONG time. There was painting, well water work, hot water tank work that needed to be done. Finally, we are moved in. The old house we moved from awaits cleaning and disposal of things we don’t want anymore. You are not kidding about “the real work begins”. I am busy emptying many boxes and resting a lot because of my bad knees. Hubby is putting up blinds, replacing the laundry room sink, carrying tools out to the shop. But I am so glad to be living in our new home in my beautiful land. Neighbors stop by to introduce themselves. I’m loving it here.

I'm gearing up for another big home rehab push... hopefully the last one, barring routine maintenance. That home rehab work sure eats a lot of time... but it's good to hear that you're happy in your new home, that makes such a big difference! I love it here in the boondocks, I'm never going back to the Big City, lol... :cool:

I’ve been gone a LOOOONG time. There was painting, well water work, hot water tank work that needed to be done. Finally, we are moved in. The old house we moved from awaits cleaning and disposal of things we don’t want anymore. You are not kidding about “the real work begins”. I am busy emptying many boxes and resting a lot because of my bad knees. Hubby is putting up blinds, replacing the laundry room sink, carrying tools out to the shop. But I am so glad to be living in our new home in my beautiful land. Neighbors stop by to introduce themselves. I’m loving it here.
It's good to see you back!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I so excited for you!!

MOVE is a four letter word. Once you have moved you are only half done. Now all the clean-up and put-away and get-organized starts. Congratulations on the new place. Hope you are happy there. :great:

So happy for you! Yes, the work never seems to end.

I can appreciate if you do not answer this question, but what state are you in?

Latest posts

Back