Don't be naive about your food and water stash

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found that out during a Powercut some years ago. Everything went off, I broke out my lanterns, Light sticks etc rest of the street was dark. After a couple of hours we went around the street giving out handfuls of light sticks, spare flashlights etc. Thought I had done a good deal I was wrong.

Next powercut comes just over a year later, before I even look outside there is knocking at the door, "" Have you got any more lightsticks " and " The flashlights you gave us the batteries are dead have you any more" That was the last time I helped any of them.

No good deed goes unpunished. When they came knocking, I'd tell them that I was surprised that nobody learned their lesson. Sure, I have some. Offer to sell them at 3 times your cost to replace. I want everyone to 'win'. It'll cover the cost of all the freebies I gave away (I'd break even at best). It gives them light this time. And might motivate them to do something before next time. If they give me grief, I tell them to get off my property right now, anyone wanting to buy should return with exact change. Of course, I'm not foolish enough to have done things the first time.

Latest posts

Back