Doomsday Prepper Forum

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a member of almost 100 forums, history, weapons, veteran, survivalist, and others.
I’m even an admin on one.
This one right here is the best, hands down.
And I attribute that to the membership.
I’m 75, and don’t care for whining or BS.
God willing, I’ll stay.

I would sure like to know the truth about what IS & HAS been going on at Survival Boards.

Too many unknowns.
One or 2 new members is easy to absorb but hundreds or even a thousand might be overwhelming.
Time will tell.
While Weedy is active over there I am also a member with only a handful of posts. Like here, most posts come from a small percentage of members. You already know some. I guess I should have joined there under another name, then I could have logged in under the other persona and given myself a bunch of likes.

I’m a member of DDP and Homesteaders I really like both, just as someone said in another post we have good folks in both groups and most of the ones that just like to stir the pot have moved on. Let’s all give it a chance and see how it goes, they have all become like extended family to me as some of you have.

It is probably worth noting that most survivalists are instantly put on edge by any mention of the phrase "doomsday preppers".

That is because the TV show of that name was extremely damaging to the survivalist movement.

The production of that show was specifically designed to make preppers/survivalists look like fools and idiots.....for the sake of "entertainment".

Most of the negative stereotypes of survivalists, currently held by members of the general public, originated on that show.

The show created a whole generation of average people that are dismissive/derisive of preparedness.

I was not aware that there was a forum of the same name before this thread started......but I am amazed that anyone (with even moderate intelligence) who saw that show, would want to use that term, to describe themselves and/or any virtual community of survivalists.

Be careful, Change in admin on a forum is where the trouble starts. Members that are used to a mod with a hands off approach who moderates via a pm and a nuddge nudge. Run into a heavy hand
All hell will break loose and a crack in vibe of the site appears
Also favoritism and clicks form. I have run into this personally with rules for thee and not for me

I personally will give it a shot but will be on the look out for clicks forming

I'm not going anywhere and havasu is not going and Patchouli is not going. And we are talking with Proud Prepper and DrHanley from doomsday, so I don't anticipate us going anywhere. But more people, more "staff".

We have the unusual opportunity to get to know each other before something swiftly happens. And we are using this gift of time.

While Weedy is active over there I am also a member with only a handful of posts. Like here, most posts come from a small percentage of members. You already know some. I guess I should have joined there under another name, then I could have logged in under the other persona and given myself a bunch of likes.
I looked and have been a member there for three years and had around 50 posts, but more now with the merge discussions.

I do we all came here over the spring and you gave us a home they deserve the same chance as we did Hope we are all working out!

@Pearl don't you even think about leaving here girl we would all cry.
I am playing devils advocate
So do not take my post as my opinion

When we each came here we filtered in one by one and became acclimated When a whole herd shows up there is no acclimation
This kinda reminds me of the border vs legal entry
Legal entry a few here and there they become acclimated. And blending occurs
A flood of entries and no blending occurs

I looked it up and have 2,619 comments. I guess I talk alot. Ha.
I have been a member for almost 4 years and before today I had 5 posts. I have been reading posts over there to acquaint myself with our new members and to help with their concerns.

But if a few from here visit there, and a few from there visit here - when the merge happens, then all the visitors know each other. They do not have a huge amount visiting each day, the same as us. I am more encouraged and expecting a decent merge now than I was two days ago. So, we should have a lower shock to our systems and theirs.

So do not take my post as my opinion

When we each came here we filtered in one by one and became acclimated When a whole herd shows up there is no acclimation
This kinda reminds me of the border vs legal entry
Legal entry a few here and there they become acclimated. And blending occurs
A flood of entries and no blending occurs

When I came here I came in a flood of members that abandoned PS, we were welcomed with open arms. PS was an active site that had a change of management. The last I checked PS was getting at least three posts per month, minimum. We had more active members join here from PS than I’m expecting from this merger. There were a few bumps in the road but it all worked out.

Just curious if any of the Homesteading site knew about the merge before I posted about it? Cause in all honesty with this thread, that majority did not know? Over at DPF, our Admins gave us a heads up. Maybe I am glad that I spilt the beans so we can go ahead and have a couple weeks to go back and forth to get to know members for the ones who are not members of both already. I do remember you @Caribou, from years ago.

When I came here I came in a flood of members that abandoned PS, we were welcomed with open arms. PS was an active site that had a change of management. The last I checked PS was getting at least three posts per month, minimum. We had more active members join here from PS than I’m expecting from this merger. There were a few bumps in the road but it all worked out.
Yes. Reading this thread is like listening to the hens down here squawking whenever somebody new moves in.
In just a couple of days, they have the newcomers ranked up to being gangsters and mafia :rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back