Doomsday Prepper Forum

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's me, I've been a member here for over 2 years as Southernsurvivalist. I've gotten to know all of you by your posts. A great group of diverse people here. I'm here to help everyone get the information they seek, as well as share with others what they have learned and practiced.

Just curious if any of the Homesteading site knew about the merge before I posted about it? Cause in all honesty with this thread, that majority did not know? Over at DPF, our Admins gave us a heads up. Maybe I am glad that I spilt the beans so we can go ahead and have a couple weeks to go back and forth to get to know members for the ones who are not members of both already. I do remember you @Caribou, from years ago.
No they didn't. I didn't realize that the thread on Doomsday was actually active. So thanks for bringing it up. I thought that I would have known about that thread, and it was not in a location I expected. So, I would have told them, you just beat me to it.

Yes it's me, I've been a member here for over 2 years as Southernsurvivalist. I've gotten to know all of you by your posts. A great group of diverse people here. I'm here to help everyone get the information they seek, as well as share with others what they have learned and practiced.
I knew you had to come out from behind the mask before your crew arrived. Thanks for enriching our home.

Be careful, Change in admin on a forum is where the trouble starts. Members that are used to a mod with a hands off approach who moderates via a pm and a nuddge nudge. Run into a heavy hand
All hell will break loose and a crack in vibe of the site appears
Also favoritism and clicks form. I have run into this personally with rules for thee and not for me

I personally will give it a shot but will be on the look out for clicks forming
According to a former member, there are already cliques here and according to that, Amish and I are a clique, not! LOL! 😂 Maybe you and Magus are a clique? I'm kidding. We can have people we know and get along with better than others. Cliques tend to deliberately leave people out. Is anyone being left out here? Maybe, I don't know. Maybe in private messages. I don't care if I am or not. I am sure people gossip about others. While I hate gossip, I know it happens.

Glad to know it's you. Gives me a much better feeling

According to a former member, there are already cliques here and according to that, Amish and I are a clique, not! LOL! 😂 Maybe you and Magus are a clique? I'm kidding. We can have people we know and get along with better than others. Cliques tend to deliberately leave people out. Is anyone being left out here? Maybe, I don't know. Maybe in private messages. I don't care if I am or not. I am sure people gossip about others. While I hate gossip, I know it happens.
It is kind of hard to exclude someone in an open forum. I have to say that I have been excluded from the sewing forum, but I can blame only myself.

Ha Ha. I wouldn't worry about it Caribou.
I remember when Mainstream Preppers was my only go to, till it was only Urban and Ben and I left. It went on like that for a while, and it was obvious it needed to shut down. Glad they are both on here, though.
I met Costa Rica Prepper

https://youtube.com/@costaricaprepper?si=RxNHo8qbk8uQxdHV

At a prepper convention before he started Main Stream Preppers. I made a commitment to him that I would support MSP. He kept it running at a loss at the end. I offered to purchase the rights but he never took me up on the offer.

Only after MSP was shutdown did I learn about H&CL. I use the "ignore" option for members with a very low signal to noise ratio. If the new comers play nice and post what I find interesting I will welcome them. If not they get added to my ignore list.

Ben

I don't know!! I really like most of our recent new members, but I may bail out if the newer stuff feels wrong!!
I believe you are tougher than to bail out, I also believe that those running this site are very good at keeping things balanced, in all the years I've been on a homesteading site, I've never felt more at home than here, in fact this site has taught me to watch my tongue and have compassion for others problems.

In my opinion 2 do not make a clique
Magus and I are friends. Internet buddies
I also include a few others on here as friends Havasu ,Zanne , Sup. Backpacker Neb, carabeaau. Etc. And I can not forget the weed in my garden. Lol. I like every body on here (if your name was not mentioned it is because I am lazy, )
This forum is friendly.no name calling or back biting It is refreshing to come here

No they didn't. I didn't realize that the thread on Doomsday was actually active. So thanks for bringing it up. I thought that I would have known about that thread, and it was not in a location I expected. So, I would have told them, you just beat me to it.
Weren't you the one who started the thread over on DPF? Why would you think it was not active since you put it under our "off topic" thread in our open forum. Do I need to remind you of your post? May 3. "I am going to merge DPF into HSF on June 1st. This forum unfortunately has not covered it's expenses in a few years." May 3 and I post on May 12. Think you had plenty of time to give the heads up.

I thought that being in the mob was reserved for us Joisey people. Oh fugeddabout it.
Nah, we got redneck mafia here, they run the flea markets and roadside fruit rackets.

No, I didn't post that. And please stop trying to make a big issue out of it. We are trying to make this a nice experience for all.
Then who is "Old Ways"? Just saying it was posted on our side and our side was very forth telling with their members. And I was apparently the one after over a week to break the news on this side, so yes it does bother me.

...Aaaaaand this thread is officially:
photo.jpg

While we will have an adjustment here, I am looking forward to the merge, the new members, and all the content from there. Even though I have been a member there for more than 3 years, I have barely scratched the surface of the content and discussions.

Have an optimistic attitude. Be positive. Be welcoming. Be friendly. Be glad for new friends. Reach out to the people from DPF.

Back on track!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back