Doomsday Prepper Forum

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if any of the Homesteading site knew about the merge before I posted about it? Cause in all honesty with this thread, that majority did not know? Over at DPF, our Admins gave us a heads up. Maybe I am glad that I spilt the beans so we can go ahead and have a couple weeks to go back and forth to get to know members for the ones who are not members of both already. I do remember you @Caribou, from years ago.
Swing mentioned a future merger but there was not a time nor a specific forum mentioned (or I may have disregarded the name until specifics were known) There have been mergers in the past, and treated this new merger as just another merger. Once more info was known, we would post what we knew. I nor anyone here purposely withheld information.

And there have been a couple of other times mergers were mentioned and nothing happened.
🧹I just sweep the floors here so, no, I didn't know yet. But that means nothing on my little hill of beans.

I should have answered this sooner, but I answered something else and then other things happened. BUT, she does not just sweep the floors here. She is a full time reliable part of the mod/admin team and we do rely on her. She's newish at being a mod and picking it up quickly and helps us out a lot.

So she was just playing down her roll here. I'll have to put a big star on her profile or something so she won't say that again. Right @havasu?

And there have been a couple of other times mergers were mentioned and nothing happened.

I should have answered this sooner, but I answered something else and then other things happened. BUT, she does not just sweep the floors here. She is a full time reliable part of the mod/admin team and we do rely on her. She's newish at being a mod and picking it up quickly and helps us out a lot.

So she was just playing down her roll here. I'll have to put a big star on her profile or something so she won't say that again. Right @havasu?
I don't have time to answer, since I am currently dusting and taking the trash out! ;)

Wait a minute...i just seen a new mod a bit ago...now its not there...did it change back to dr. again? yall cant be doing that to the over 50 crowd we all are here....

i know i didnt dream that up....!!

i fell asleep for a bit and was dreaming about fishing...and surely not mods on a forum...dear lord i may need help after all.....lol

This could be very hard for me if the new folks bring organization or something unconventional like that. It's gotten to be second nature for me to know I should look for the banana daiquiri recipe in the carburetor rebuild thread. If I have to relearn to start searching in the alcoholic drinks thread or some other oddball place like that, I'll be soooo lost.

This could be very hard for me if the new folks bring organization or something unconventional like that. It's gotten to be second nature for me to know I should look for the banana daiquiri recipe in the carburetor rebuild thread. If I have to relearn to start searching in the alcoholic drinks thread or some other oddball place like that, I'll be soooo lost.

I love drinking banana daiquiri while I rebuild a carburetor.

It is probably worth noting that most survivalists are instantly put on edge by any mention of the phrase "doomsday preppers".
...I am amazed that anyone (with even moderate intelligence) who saw that show, would want to use that term, to describe themselves and/or any virtual community of survivalists.

Precisely, my Dear Watson! ;) Exactly why I never bothered to even Peruse over there, cuz, well - (and with No 'projected judgements' on Any of "us" that may Also be members over there in Saying this..) - I just kinda felt like a site called "Doomsday Preppers" was most likely little more than a 'CIA / NSA / FBI / MI5 / Whatever, et al Honeypot', so.. My personal radar said 'Avoid'. 🤔

I mean, there are Some sites out there, that just seem to be glaringly obvious 'Jack-in-The-Pulpits' - Can't say If that place Is / Was or Isn't / Wasn't, but.. HSF certainly has seemed to be relatively good on the 'Keepin it all on the Down Low' meter, and Much Higher to the side of Good Info / People - vs Lots of Zommie-troll infestations, Alphaspooks, and probable AI-bots (like the 'SB's, there.. :rolleyes:

That all said, I'm at 'Max-bandwidth' for forum-participation-time, anyway, so.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Guess we'll see how she schoons. ;)

jd

Last edited:
I thought that being in the mob was reserved for us Joisey people. Oh fugeddabout it.

Joizey-Dawg.jpg
🤓 Sorry, ya walked right into That one, Brah.. ;)

jd

It is probably worth noting that most survivalists are instantly put on edge by any mention of the phrase "doomsday preppers".
I will admit, as @Hardcalibres pointed out, this name threw a fright into me as well. Unfortunately, "doomsday" in the same sentence as "prepper" conjures up thoughts in my head of someone digging a ten foot deep hole and burying themselves in it. But I will also admit, that when Phideaux drug me kicking and screaming over here, I was concerned about the term "homesteading". I kept pointing out that while I would love to, I don't live on a homestead and wouldn't fit into the forum (in my mind, I picture a homestead as the property in the opening credits of Bonanza). And giving equal due to other's feelings, I'm sure at least a few heard that I came here from a "firearms" forum and prejudged me to be a whacko militia guy.

So maybe we shouldn't think of forum names in a prejudicial way.

Well.........I plan to start "prepping" on June First, so this merger will be timely for my getting educated. Now if fully disclosure I am not going to start prepping for doomsday. Just a three-day or five-day bad weather event. Nothing bad will ever happen, and if it did, the government will protect us and supply all our survival needs.

I will admit, as @Hardcalibres pointed out, this name threw a fright into me as well. Unfortunately, "doomsday" in the same sentence as "prepper" conjures up thoughts in my head of someone digging a ten foot deep hole and burying themselves in it. But I will also admit, that when Phideaux drug me kicking and screaming over here, I was concerned about the term "homesteading". I kept pointing out that while I would love to, I don't live on a homestead and wouldn't fit into the forum (in my mind, I picture a homestead as the property in the opening credits of Bonanza). And giving equal due to other's feelings, I'm sure at least a few heard that I came here from a "firearms" forum and prejudged me to be a whacko militia guy.

So maybe we shouldn't think of forum names in a prejudicial way.
I remember when the firearms forum merged. Some of those threads were a little strange, and even though they are in the forums, we don't see many of them any more. A lot of the people also disappeared as well. But there are many threads that we had that we don't see here often either.

Wait a minute...i just seen a new mod a bit ago...now its not there...did it change back to dr. again? yall cant be doing that to the over 50 crowd we all are here....

i know i didnt dream that up....!!

i fell asleep for a bit and was dreaming about fishing...and surely not mods on a forum...dear lord i may need help after all.....lol

So this is how y'all keep things lively here. 🤣

I love drinking banana daiquiri while I rebuild a carburetor.
now their back and there is two now...these are same people correct? yall driving me crazy...i know i read it....from caribou i think...i know i didnt dream it while dreaming about fishing and hunting dogs.

Last edited:
Well.........I plan to start "prepping" on June First, so this merger will be timely for my getting educated. Now if fully disclosure I am not going to start prepping for doomsday. Just a three-day or five-day bad weather event. Nothing bad will ever happen, and if it did, the government will protect us and supply all our survival needs.
Nov-2023 never forget !

going on month 7 now...who woulda thought

now there back and there is two now...these are same people correct? yall driving me crazy...i know i read it....from caribou i think...i know i didnt dream it while dreaming about fishing and hunting dogs.
No, two different people, but both admins at Doomsday.

Proud Prepper has been here under a different name and maybe just today changed his name to Proud Prepper. When people change their names, we can lose who they are. Or at least I can. We almost need a thread that is just for name changes. There are a few of those that have happened. Its fine except when their posts were quoted and the old name stays and then the new name comes up.

As far as a "flood of new members" goes, look at how many of use have December 2017 (or thereabouts) as our forum join date. Talk about a flood...
Exactly! PS was a very active site and a week later it was a ghost town. Great move.

Yes it's me, I've been a member here for over 2 years as Southernsurvivalist. I've gotten to know all of you by your posts. A great group of diverse people here. I'm here to help everyone get the information they seek, as well as share with others what they have learned and practiced.
ok i see now..i am slow...short bus rider at times it seems...i was confused from what i THOUGHT I READ...lol

I fell out of my chair hit my head and peed my pants reading this

Just gonna wake up and switch to pepper mode on June 1st lol.

No, two different people, but both admins at Doomsday.

Proud Prepper has been here under a different name and maybe just today changed his name to Proud Prepper. When people change their names, we can lose who they are. Or at least I can. We almost need a thread that is just for name changes. There are a few of those that have happened. Its fine except when their posts were quoted and the old name stays and then the new name comes up.
PP is admin at our new family. He has been here under another name to check us out. He switched back so that his people will recognize him and feel more at home.

Sure, I want to become a prepper, but not a nut-job crazy "doomsday" prepper that hoards two weeks of food.

Sure, I want to become a prepper, but not a nut-job crazy "doomsday" prepper that hoards two weeks of food.
or owns 15 shovels for digging up stuff...

depends clean up in the south !!

@elkhound. Southernsurvivalist = Proud Prepper.
yea..i figured it out..but yall just let me chase my tail around awhile making a fool out of myself..i see how yall are now !!..no mercy....lol

at least it wasnt a math word problem..if i live to be 197 years old i never get that off my record here....roflmao

Wait a minute...i just seen a new mod a bit ago...now its not there...

Nope, you are Correct, EH.. I saw it too.. 👍 Wait... 🤔 Or Did I...

tz-title-spiral.jpg
Non-ee, Non-uu, Non-ee, Non-uu... :)

Well.........I plan to start "prepping" on June First,... Just a three-day or five-day bad weather event...

Don't lose that New Genny reciept, Chief.. That'll be a Lot of Elk-scootie Lattes, later.. ;)

I ..peed my pants reading this

Frodo, Nooo! SAVE THAT stuff, Man! Y'ever make it up to Alaska, ol' SD will have a Job waiting for ya as a Dishwasher! 😂

Sorry, SD, couldn't resist, Chief.. ya know I Luv ya like a Pops.. 🤓 Hardcore to the End. :cool:👊

jd

Nope, you are Correct, EH.. I saw it too.. 👍 Wait... 🤔 Or Did I...

tz-title-spiral.jpg
Non-ee, Non-uu, Non-ee, Non-uu... :)

Don't lose that New Genny reciept, Chief.. That'll be a Lot of Elk-scootie Lattes, later.. ;)

Frodo, Nooo! SAVE THAT stuff, Man! Y'ever make it up to Alaska, ol' SD will have a Job waiting for ya as a Dishwasher! 😂

Sorry, SD, couldn't resist, Chief.. ya know I Luv ya like a Pops.. 🤓 Hardcore to the End. :cool:👊

jd
Best damn dishwasher he ever had
He better keep an eye on his steaks
I been know to make a steak sammich while washing dishes

Sorry, Chief, couldn't resist, ya know I Luv ya like a Pops.. 🤓 Hardcore to the End.
For those scratching their head wondering what the hell is that in reference to....??? Sometimes I have needed to use urine to wash dishes and silverware.

For those scratching their head wondering what the hell is that in reference to....??? Sometimes I have needed to use urine to wash dishes and silverware.
it was one of the most epic posts/threads EVER in history of internet and to see moderators melt down before your very eyes even...EPIC i tell you...even i showed old references to it from way back in the day...lol

but like i say...always do the dishes at sourdoughs camp....and bring plenty plastic plates,forks and spoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back