Doomsday Prepper Forum

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..one thing about wearing a dress...you can hide a Thompson and two spare drums !
Who needs a dress...
Thompson M1.jpg

So, just keeping everyone in the loop, Swing, Patch and myself are now in direct conversation with Proud Prepper and DrHenley, and we are busy ironing out the merger. Part of this includes meshing similar threads, adding new topics, and making the transition as seamless as possible for both forums.

"TRUE CONFESSIONS, are good, or so my mother said. Just before PS crashed, I was a member and the silly SOB's BANNED me.
Guess I showed them who to not mess with.
Really? I thought you were banned by Caribou one Sunday afternoon when you were pretty unkind to both Grimm and me. Maybe you snuck back in under a different user name. I'm sure that has happened before. You started here as Virgin Prepper and somehow I knew it was you.

How y'all see the DPF:
View attachment 129810

How DPF members see this forum:
View attachment 129811
The name Doomsday Preppers kind of bothered me. Maybe it was an apt name, but I prefer to be a little more OPSEC with even the group name. While I was concerned about our name being HSF, and that it would potentially not be about preparedness, it is a more low key name.

The name Doomsday Preppers kind of bothered me. Maybe it was an apt name, but I prefer to be a little more OPSEC with even the group name. While I was concerned about our name being HSF, and that it would potentially not be about preparedness, it is a more low key name.
That was the name when we got there. I never judge a book by its cover.

What the internet "NEEDS" is a NON-Entertainment oriented, quality prepping-survival forum.

The purpose of the DPF is not to give people a warm fuzzy feeling.

In fact it's the opposite - to make them uncomfortable enough to get up and do something.
These days, our 3 letter governments are paying attention to such keywords. We'd rather fly under the radar.

That was the name when we got there. I never judge a book by its cover.
You may not judge, but other people do! You and I might be that, doomsday preppers, but the connotation does potentially raise attention. What is the name of the government department that watches all of us and keeps files on us? Some people here are very careful about what they post and some don't post anything, because we are being watched.

The purpose of the DPF is not to give people a warm fuzzy feeling.
Well, we kind of have that here, warm and fuzzy! Maybe we are too warm and fuzzy to be really about preparedness and survival, but we have survived and outlasted other groups. I think a balance is important, but maybe that goes over some people's head.

There are people here who have never stored any extra food, water and supplies, but are here for a narrow interest.

There are people here who have never stored any extra food, water and supplies, but are here for a narrow interest.
To expand on this theory, my hope is someone comes into the forum for basic homesteading information, then realizes why and how to gather up supplies, and becomes interested in prepping. This is a win-win in my book.

You may not judge, but other people do! You and I might be that, doomsday preppers, but the connotation does potentially raise attention. What is the name of the government department that watches all of us and keeps files on us? Some people here are very careful about what they post and some don't post anything, because we are being watched.

Well, we kind of have that here, warm and fuzzy! Maybe we are too warm and fuzzy to be really about preparedness and survival, but we have survived and outlasted other groups. I think a balance is important, but maybe that goes over some people's head.

Maybe if enough people are on there list they will stop there Tyrranny.

They have some good prepping advice there. In fact, it is a good place to start prepping for people who are uneasy about prepping and I have sent people there many times to see that prepping is not all what they think it is.
I would go so far as to say that anyone following their advice is a "real prepper".

They have some good prepping advice there. In fact, it is a good place to start prepping for people who are uneasy about prepping and I have sent people there many times to see that prepping is not all what they think it is.
I agree 100%. Problem is that the laymen, are taught to believe that many have become part of a militia, with overthrowing the government in mind, which places the participants on the dreaded watchlists.

I agree 100%. Problem is that the laymen, are taught to believe that many have become part of a militia, with overthrowing the government in mind, which places the participants on the dreaded watchlists.
Do you know what the law says about the militia?

10 USC Ch. 12: THE MILITIA
From Title 10—ARMED FORCES
Subtitle A—General Military Law
PART I—ORGANIZATION AND GENERAL MILITARY POWERS
CHAPTER 12—THE MILITIA
§246. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

I haven't been around that long, but I think the merge will be good and spice things up around here. Yall are too friendly.

Im hoping to see some good sparks fly once those supposed ruffians arrive 🤣
I joined a homesteading and country living forum, not a doomsday forum!!

We are trying to build a multi use forum where both sides can find topics they enjoy, and like me and our sewing threads, just skip over this section because I could care less about sewing.

Not that I can't sew. I was taught to sew when I was 9-10 years old by my aunts when my mom was dying in a hospital. Hell, I was even taught how to make lemon meringue pie, in order for this little kid to survive the world without my mom being there.

This thread is an indication of what is to come 😆

I guess those of us who aren't "REAL preppers" will just have to fade away :rolleyes:

If the "emissaries" that are already here are the norm from there, I can see my ignore list getting a work out 🤔
Isn't it just easier to bypass topics that don't appeal to you?

To be honest, I really don't see homesteading and prepping being far apart, Homestead life is all about being ahead of the game enough to function. I find it almost impossible to separate the 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back