Doomsday Prepper Forum

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok after some thought a few shots. I have made up my mind that this is not going to be such a bad thing
We need to go over a few rules
First off welcome here from there
Pull up a chair or sit on the floor what ever makes you comfy
# 1- I do not like democrats large small it makes no difference. If you are a democrat Hit the door now and do not let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. Go on. Do not look back. Get!!!!!
#2. Mandatory that all new arrivals pay a one time greetings tax of $5.00
I will make real easy for you.
Cash app. $payfrodo
#3. Off topic chit chat I do not have a problem with it but the mods get twitterpated when the thread is about purifying water and it morphs into Gary's new el Camino.
#4. If the greetings tax is not paid with in 30 days the amount owed goes up 100%
Other than those simple items we good to go

I am Frodo, please to meet you, I am in Franklin co Mississippi. ( or am I?)
I can be found tromping around the woods chasing critters. Or at a fishing hole. I also make leather goods and am always looking for a supply of rattle snakes. If you got em. I want em
I shoot exclusively. A Swede 6.5x55 and an Ak. Polish circle 11
I am a simple country boy
Welcome here from there

Last edited:
We are trying to build a multi use forum where both sides can find topics they enjoy, and like me and our sewing threads, just skip over this section because I could care less about sewing.

Not that I can't sew. I was taught to sew when I was 9-10 years old by my aunts when my mom was dying in a hospital. Hell, I was even taught how to make lemon meringue pie, in order for this little kid to survive the world without my mom being there.
Prepping is something of second nature to me, as a kid I watched farmers such as my grand parents put food and supplies up during the good times to cover the hard times by canning, preserving and now days freeze drying. It’s not about being a crazy doomsday prepper getting ready for the world to end but simply having the needed supplies for when you need them. The stigma over the name of a forum shouldn’t be reason to judge people before we have had time to see who they are. Let’s all just give it a chance and see how we all mesh.

@Cabin Fever - this was not their decision. DrHenley is closer to what is probably the reason. And there is Xenforo software, and then there is Xenforo with a lot of addons and custom s/w.

So there is no reason to ask them why, they are caught up in something they did not get a vote on. There is a post over there on why. And it was not made by me, but I have read it.

@Cabin Fever - this was not their decision. DrHenley is closer to what is probably the reason. And there is Xenforo software, and then there is Xenforo with a lot of addons and custom s/w.

So there is no reason to ask them why, they are caught up in something they did not get a vote on. There is a post over there on why. And it was not made by me, but I have read it.
So, is there a reason why some member of the current DPF couldn't just start a new DPF #2?

No I don't capisce, Doc. I am a member of a forum that has maybe 6 active members. It uses the same XenForo software as this forum. It keeps going and going.
I think coming in here with a cocky and insulting attitude isn't going to help! Thank you for your input Cabin Fever!! If this merge has the slimmest chance of working the "capisce" attitude has to go!!

Well.. alls (else) I've got to say is I sure Miss Lady Grizzlyette Adams, there. :( Hope we don't - as a result of this "beneficial move" - lose More such-like 'BTDT Gems' like her. Sure - there's still Many Quality folks / contributors to the wealth of Experienced-yarns, herein, but..

Just hopin this all won't 'dilute the punch' (and Nobody likes Turds in the Punchbowl, either.. o_O) Too much. It'll be what it'll Be, we shall See..

OTOH, I've got mucho 💩o to Do, so I best e-shuddup and get back to the plow.. 👍

jd

We are going to try to make this work first. But I will only stand for so much heckling and I think the same goes for other members.
WE DON'T LIKE LIKE BEING INSULTED OR UNDERMINED! This is about new members fitting in, NOT coming here to change things, CAPISCE???!

Stop it. Right now. I never thought to see such insulting behavior of members here. Don't anticipate the changes, but if NOTHING happens between the two forums, and we stay with no new members, There will be change.

And to the DDPF folks I apologize for those with bad manners.
Who is we? And, I can think of only one person doing the heckling?

I'm with @Pearl, if the DPF is dying, just suggest to the folks over there to join over here if they want to.

It was not their decision. So please stop suggesting that. And the membership will be transferred. The ones that find a place here will stay, and the ones that find hostility will probably be run off and go somewhere else.

Stop it. Right now. I never thought to see such insulting behavior of members here. Don't anticipate the changes, but if NOTHING happens between the two forums, and we stay with no new members, There will be change.

It was not their decision. So please stop suggesting that. And the membership will be transferred. The ones that find a place here will stay, and the ones that find hostility will probably be run off and go somewhere else.
No, I am not going to "Stop it." And, just to make myself clear, I'll gladly welcome anyone wanting to become a member here, as long as they "play nice."

I just have a huge problem. HUGE PROBLEM, with corporations that own forums telling forum members "this is the way it's going be, like it or leave it." With that kind of attitude, even if I agree with the change, I'll always play devil's advocate. Who the heck do these corporations think they are? We, the forum members, are the ones making money for them. They owe us answers, not shoving stuff down our throats.

So we can be insulted, that's ok? No it's not!!

No, I am not going to "Stop it." And, just to make myself clear, I'll gladly welcome anyone wanting to become a member here, as long as they "play nice."

I just have a huge problem. HUGE PROBLEM, with corporations that own forums telling forum members "this is the way it's going be, like it or leave it." With that kind of attitude, even if I agree with the change, I'll always play devil's advocate. Who the heck do these corporations think they are? We, the forum members, are the ones making money for them. They owe us answers, not shoving stuff down our throats.
Sounds like all of us long time HCL members can just leave as far as our admin is concerned! Not cool! They are coming here, so they should speak out language!!

After laughing my way through this thread.. it reminded me of a conversation I had with my youngest daughter when she was in high school.

She exclaimed one day that she would be SO glad to get out of high school, get a job, and deal with ADULTS. She was so tired of the cliques and the bullies, and the "if you're her friend, you can't be my friend" BS.

I laughed and told her "Oh honey, it's no different with adults! You just have to keep rising above. "

Years later she told me.. "Mom, you were right!"

I like the forum the way it is. I used to be on the survivalist forum all the time and it got taken over by jerks ( not the admit but people posting) , hope this forum doesn't turn into that.....
I don;t want a million posts of how Pakistan is so great or how covid vaccine is going to drop us all dead in a year or just how many guns you need to survive SHTF and endless pointless arguments....

This conversation is crazy

Bottom line. If you come on this forum and are friendly you will be treated friendly. If you come with an attitude you will get attitude real simple stuff
5th grade stuff
Arrogants will be met with the same

It is not about this forum , ANY where you go and are new you will run into the same thing. It is pure human nature this is our home you are visiting if you want to be welcomed then do not be an ass

I am extending my hand to the new members if you slap my hand or bite it we are going to fall out in the street if you take my hand you will make a friend

Sounds like all of us long time HCL members can just leave as far as our admin is concerned! Not cool! They are coming here, so they should speak out language!!
Pearl, you know this is not correct. We enjoy our members immensely but ganging up on a person simply because of using the term "capisce" seems uncalled for. I'm just asking you to let us deal with the transfer, and treat our new members as we would like to be treated if we came into a new forum.

I really cannot see how adding an evidently failing forum (or why else would they be moving?) to a successful forum is going to improve the successful forum?

When I add mud to my chocolate pie, it lowers the quality of my chocolate pie....if you catch my drift.

I guess that I am going to change my forum avatar so the new doomsday aliens crossing our southern border will not think that I am so gentile.
View attachment 129831
In a couple weeks, those who are not one here yet from that group, will be and they are going to be reading this thread. I don't see mud and I don't like to see them painted that way. They are individuals who belonged to a group that has not done as well financially. It is because of the fact that they haven't been able to pay the bills for a few years that the merge is happening.

To me, that statement would be offensive if I was one of them and the group I had been a part of for 10 years was being merged with another group who were ready to sling insults. Imagine if we were merging with another group. Would we want to read insults, or would we want to be welcomed? And if we cannot be welcoming, will we last here?

On this forum, we do have at least one person who is financially a little generous and may have been paying extra bills. Remember when we all selected a book and then got it for free, by an anonymous person a few months ago? Who among us can or would do that? I don't know, but someone is invested in this group, this community.

I am invested in this group and am cheering the merge and welcoming the people. They already are going through a shock of the merge. They don't need to be met with hostility as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back