Doomsday Prepper Forum

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I thought you were banned by Caribou one Sunday afternoon when you were pretty unkind to both Grimm and me. Maybe you snuck back in under a different user name. I'm sure that has happened before. You started here as Virgin Prepper and somehow I knew it was you.
I truly don’t remember banning a specific individual though I was in the discussion on a few. Admin did the actual banning, usually after a discussion with the mods and after multiple warnings. Name calling or other rudeness was a good way to get let go.

I truly don’t remember banning a specific individual though I was in the discussion on a few. Admin did the actual banning, usually after a discussion with the mods and after multiple warnings. Name calling or other rudeness was a good way to get let go.
I do. I remember you stepping in and he was gone. Grimm and I had been insulted and insulted, and you became our hero. I don't remember the topic of conversation at all, just that it wasn't pretty and it cost him his membership there.

In a couple weeks, those who are not one here yet from that group, will be and they are going to be reading this thread. I don't see mud and I don't like to see them painted that way. They are individuals who belonged to a group that has not done as well financially. It is because of the fact that they haven't been able to pay the bills for a few years that the merge is happening.

To me, that statement would be offensive if I was one of them and the group I had been a part of for 10 years was being merged with another group who were ready to sling insults. Imagine if we were merging with another group. Would we want to read insults, or would we want to be welcomed? And if we cannot be welcoming, will we last here?

On this forum, we do have at least one person who is financially a little generous and may have been paying extra bills. Remember when we all selected a book and then got it for free, by an anonymous person a few months ago? Who among us can or would do that? I don't know, but someone is invested in this group, this community.

I am invested in this group and am cheering the merge and welcoming the people. They already are going through a shock of the merge. They don't need to be met with hostility as well.
I am sorry for the poor analogy. As I said in a previous post, I will welcome all new members. It is not their fault that this is happening.

I just hate having stuff shoved down my throat by corporations , especially since we, the members, are the ones making them money. A little explanation from the forum owners is not asking for too much, IMHO.

This is a huge business for corporations. Normally, they don't understand or care about the little guys. Some use them to make a few bucks, others use forums as a write off from loses on their taxes. I do know if I called the owner of our forum at 4AM, he would personally answer the phone. This is what a good business owner does, and why I have volunteered to help him for the last 12-14 years.

Pearl, you know this is not correct. We enjoy our members immensely but ganging up on a person simply because of using the term "capisce" seems uncalled for. I'm just asking you to let us deal with the transfer, and treat our new members as we would like to be treated if we came into a new forum.
I'm just standing my ground (and many other's ground), I have ALWAYS been one to stand up to bullies!! I should not feel like I have to leave, nor should anyone else! Maybe DrHenly should be nice?! Many of us feel like this is a business deal and our nice little home here doesn't matter! Many won't speak up!

In a couple weeks, those who are not one here yet from that group, will be and they are going to be reading this thread. I don't see mud and I don't like to see them painted that way. They are individuals who belonged to a group that has not done as well financially. It is because of the fact that they haven't been able to pay the bills for a few years that the merge is happening.

To me, that statement would be offensive if I was one of them and the group I had been a part of for 10 years was being merged with another group who were ready to sling insults. Imagine if we were merging with another group. Would we want to read insults, or would we want to be welcomed? And if we cannot be welcoming, will we last here?

On this forum, we do have at least one person who is financially a little generous and may have been paying extra bills. Remember when we all selected a book and then got it for free, by an anonymous person a few months ago? Who among us can or would do that? I don't know, but someone is invested in this group, this community.

I am invested in this group and am cheering the merge and welcoming the people. They already are going through a shock of the merge. They don't need to be met with hostility as well.
Then they shouldn't follow their leader and come in with an attitude!

well the other place is costing money so its going away,...the last of those using it need a place to go...it looks like it might be 6-12 active folks...one reason now i understand is to not let all the valuable information of years of posts just go poof into wild blue yonder...i get that too...i hope i am seeing this correctly and said it correctly....if amish heart says its ok then it be ok..mostly/maybe...time will tell.

This is a huge business for corporations. Normally, they don't understand or care about the little guys. Some use them to make a few bucks, others use forums as a write off from loses on their taxes. I do know if I called the owner of our forum at 4AM, he would personally answer the phone. This is what a good business owner does, and why I have volunteered to help him for the last 12-14 years.
For many years I volunteered as a moderator for the largest homesteading forum on the internet, Homesteading Today (>20,000 members). The owner wasn't a corporation, just a friend and an entrepreneur. He would also answer the phone in the middle of the night if needed. When he sold the forum to a corporation, I stopped volunteering as a moderator. I had no desire to help the corporation make money.

well the other place is costing money so its going away,...the last of those using it need a place to go...it looks like it might be 6-12 active folks...one reason now i understand is to not let all the valuable information of years of posts just go poof into wild blue yonder...i get that too...i hope i am seeing this correctly and said it correctly....if amish heart says its ok then it be ok..mostly/maybe...time will tell.

There's about 20 active daily, another 20 pops in now and then.

6 to 12 active folks?!?!?

Now don't I feel like a jerk. I was ASSuming a horde in the 100s coming over here. You see a little information regarding the who, what, where and why would have been very helpful. It may have staved off a good share of this discussion.

Now don't I feel like a jerk. I was ASSuming a horde in the 100s coming over here. You see a little information regarding the who, what, where and why would have been very helpful. It may have staved off a good share of this discussion.
pop says 20 active daily....

i didnt care for capisce thing...but theres bigger issues to think about for now...some forums cost money monthly....this place is made up of refugees from various places....we just gotta piss and moan till we all find our spots i think...it will be ok..i think/hope. we need to be glad we got this place...it could go poof if we dont keep it active enough and at least make a few bucks.

Last edited:
pop says 20 active daily....

i didnt care for capice thing...but theres bigger issues to think about for now...some forums cost money monthly....this place is made up of refugees from various places....we just gotta piss and moan till we all find our spots i think...it will be ok..i think/hope. we need to be glad we got this place...it could go poof if we dont keep it active enough and at least make a few bucks.
put your glasses on you moron !! you called him pop...not proud....all this time i thought it was poppa prepper...dam and double dam..i really should go back to school learn to read.

It will be new stuff for us with the tripling of members and all of the posts! Won't that be fun?!! Yes, it will and we will be busy catching up on their posts and getting to know the active people there!

What will also be interesting is the potential duplicate thread titles and topics. The admins have their work cut out for them!

What I have wondered is will the admins from Doomsday be admins here as well?
If I remember right they ask me for money also.

I tried to explain that to folks HERE but it was largely ignored by the panic-people :(.
They were demon-possessed with throwing around the '2500' number and thinking we were about to be overrun by a hoard of hateful intruders.gaah.

Just my 2 cents, which we all know ain't worth a dam anymore. There has been snarking from both forums on here.
Makes me sick.
Change happens all the time like it or not. Most folks don't like it. I typically don't. But after several changes in my career, most not welcomed, I've learned to hold back and figure out the lay of the land till I can sort it out. I'm gonna do the same with the merge. We've had new members come in over the years and some fit in well, some move on. I expect no less with this merge. I'm excitied to meet more folks that can add to my knowledge and to make new friends. I'm also interested in seeing the new threads from the merge. There has to be some gems worth mining.
Ill quit bitching now.

Sure, I want to become a prepper, but not a nut-job crazy "doomsday" prepper that hoards two weeks of food.
Two weeks??? I keep two - four weeks on hand for immediate use, because I hate gong to the store.
I have can goods & dry goods, frozen goods for many months & know people who have home canned goods for more than a year, some have dry goods for twenty years.

I just found this thread. I didn't even know a merger was going to happen. I came here from TalkFirearms and I'd love to see a bit more discussion in the firearms threads. Hopefully that can happen. Beyond that, welcome to all the new ones...
The firearm thread can be like the hardcore prepper threads, persons who like to, can post there, those who do not, can post on other threads.

How y'all see the DPF:
View attachment 129810

How DPF members see this forum:
View attachment 129811
I took a day off so had to catch-up. Interesting reading this thread.

Anyway, the first image is where I'm at home.
1715726879920.png

I'll welcome the new hard-core members.

Yeah, I thought maybe you had some super secret chat room for gun nuts. Some of the categories are overly broad to be really useful. Too many things get jumbled together. I mean, you could have a dozen categories for reloading alone.
The "categories are overly broad to be really useful." are for the members who do not sleep with their guns or knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back