Doomsday Prepper Forum

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it's not about grace, new members, change, or anything like that.

It's all about timely communications from the top.
It is not about that for me and most of us. You are stuck there and what can you do about that? Keep complaining here and there to the people here who have nothing to do with or about that? Maybe you need to communicate with THOSE people about it. I've read your posts. I've seen your complaints. Now what?

Most of us are not about that. Maybe this will no longer be a place you want to be because of this.

In the MATTER of this merger, I encourage my friends on this forum to read my "Signature Line" and take it to heart.

You are either "DRIVING" the bus, or you are a passenger, and as a passenger, enjoy the ride.

In the MATTER of this merger, I encourage my friends on this forum to read my "Signature Line" and take it to heart.

You are either "DRIVING" the bus, or you are a passenger, and as a passenger, enjoy the ride.
I have a hard time trusting anyone else's driving!!

A bus driver drives the bus where the paying passengers have prearranged for him to take it. If the driver veers off and tries to set his own direction - thinking himself superior, a leader, and calling the shots - I think he would be unemployed very shortly thereafter.

It is not about that for me and most of us. You are stuck there and what can you do about that? Keep complaining here and there to the people here who have nothing to do with or about that? Maybe you need to communicate with THOSE people about it. I've read your posts. I've seen your complaints. Now what?

Most of us are not about that. Maybe this will no longer be a place you want to be because of this.
I'm with Cabin Fever on this one!! Being informed is being smart and prepared!! Just going along blindly isn't my thing!

We are expecting about 20 new active members. I joined in Dec. ’17. Sixteen of the top 20 posters here joined in Dec. ’17, and that is by no means even close to the number of members that moved over here in one big flush. We have absorbed more active members here at one time than we will on this merger.
I came here thinking that I would be a positive influence and a benefit to this site. I know most of my fellow PS expats were. We either grow or die. People move away or move on, that is the way things are. We’ve had more than a couple great members pass away. As a whole, these are great people. Please help them fit in and feel welcome!
Well, 7 have already checked in, and you can tell Chicken Little that no, the sky is not falling :rolleyes:.

Who has a rock solid good recipe for chocolate chip cookies?

Oh, I Guarantee ya that ol' @hashbrown does!! 🤪 🤓 (Just be sure ya've got a nice big sofa and a good 10-12 hrs of "free time".. ;)

...So the trash chronicles included photos of....the people putting in five boxes that they couldn't be bothered folding flat ...People doing remodeling ... filling up dumpsters with dirt, rocks, concrete pieces, riprap, bricks, construction materials ...many would never close it back up,...

That's why God invented Pellet-guns, M'Lady. 😈🤭

jd

Well, 7 have already checked in, and you can tell Chicken Little that no, the sky is not falling :rolleyes:.
ThisGuyIsFalling.jpg

I have a hard time trusting anyone else's driving!!
It is an ANALOGY, for everything (not just driving).

The best example I can quickly think of is: Those driving the direction of America. Nobody likes where America is going, but we ain't driving, and unless you are a quad-billionaire you're not likely to move to a different country.

I don't like supporting a dictatorship that does not communicate with its minions. I doubt if many here do, either. Maybe you do.

BTW, I have addressed my concerns privately with administration.

Maybe my complaints will result in a bit more timely communications from the top when changes are planning to be made. We'll see.

I understand the concern about lack of communication. But not in the sense of "new people are coming on board". That is a routine happening in daily life.

I am glad to know about this merger because of the plans to merge threads. That can be really confusing when you've been participating in, or at least silently following a thread, and all of a sudden there are new and different posts added to it. There was one thread on HCL that I remember in particular. I had asked a question, the thread was subsequently merged after my post, and then the answer to my question appeared out of nowhere right before my post. So it made me look like a blooming idiot that had ignored previous posts in the thread. I was not that, it was simply because those "previous posts" had not existed when I asked my question.

There are all kinds of dangers like this involved in merging threads. Not to mention that maybe you were looking for something in a relevant thread, not finding it, and then it magically appears in that thread after the fact. There is nothing to trigger you go go back and look at this altered thread. So you miss out.

If it were up to me, I would not merge threads between these two forums that are joining. If anything, I would add a post at the end of each candidate merge thread that references the other similar thread. It may be appropriate to to add to this reference post a request that all subsequent replies be directed to one or the other. Or simply close one of the threads to future replies after the reference post has been added.

Merging threads makes sense from an administration standpoint, but I'm not sure it does from a user standpoint. Users are going to be confused. Widespread hard-to-miss communication that this merging will be happening is better than no communication, if the merger idea has already been set in stone. This is just my opinion of course.

It is an ANALOGY, for everything (not just driving).

The best example I can quickly think of is: Those driving the direction of America. Nobody likes where America is going, but we ain't driving, and unless you are a quad-billionaire you're not likely to move to a different country.
I know it was an analogy!! And I meant I don't trust anyone else's driving.... IN ALL WAYS!!

Yes it's me, I've been a member here for over 2 years as Southernsurvivalist. I've gotten to know all of you by your posts. A great group of diverse people here. I'm here to help everyone get the information they seek, as well as share with others what they have learned and practiced.
So you liked what you have seen for two years?

That pellet gun you have could probably Definitely pierce the dumpster.

FIFY. ;) Without a doubt..

SadPan-3.jpg
SadPan-2.jpg
SadFord.jpg

(..Last snap, there, was the Door of an old abandoned Bronco, way, way out in Black Rock-area of NV.. (Sorry if that was any of ya'lls abandoned beater ;)

..Granted - comparatively 'thin steel' (relative to a Dumpster's wall) but.. That Round went Completely Thru that door (interior-plastics / inner-structure steel, etc, also) and Well-into the driver's side Door - leaving an 'Outgoing dent' on that Opposite-side door, so...

..Yah, Pretty Sure that puppy could 'Kill a Dumpster', too.. :cool:. Anyhoo, back to the 'HSF / DPF Celebrity Deth Match' channel.. ;)

jd

Just so everybody knows, a lot of DDP's most productive members have already been here a while because they have 'dual-citizenship'.
They aren't saying a word. Like Tmttactical and others.

So, much like me, you won’t be buying a self driving car! :D
One of my sons test drove a self-driving truck the other day. Described how it changed lanes and passed a slower vehicle.
Now he keeps telling my husband and me that we need to test drive one. We're like, "Nope, we're good." 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back