Easter Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to make brown sugar maple syrup glazed ham, deviled eggs, and sour cream & cheddar biscuits.

Nothing fancy.

Sounds pretty fancy to me. Can I come to your house? :thumbs:

Ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, maybe Brussel sprouts, deviled eggs, shortcake with whipped cream and strawberries. I'll be having dinner with daughter and her housemates. I know I'll have lots of leftovers for freezer meals. I bought 5 pounds of potatoes and will make up a couple of my large casserole dishes with them. I will leave one with daughter and they will get eaten.
The ham bone? I've been looking for ham bones to make red beans and rice and this one is going into a pot of red beans pretty soon.

I simply had a tuna sandwich.

On this Easter Sunday my wife is driving two hours to a hospice to be with family.
Her grandson is dying of a rare genetic disease at age 21. The young man has had a difficult life, and he will be with his Lord and Savior soon.
Perhaps before the end of the day.

Please, as you celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ , please say a simple prayer for those around the world who are suffering loss of loved ones.

I simply had a tuna sandwich.

On this Easter Sunday my wife is driving two hours to a hospice to be with family.
Her grandson is dying of a rare genetic disease at age 21. The young man has had a difficult life, and he will be with his Lord and Savior soon.
Perhaps before the end of the day.

Please, as you celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ , please say a simple prayer for those around the world who are suffering loss of loved ones.
Prayers! It is always sad when someone that young dies.

Busy Easter ... pup walk at noon, then 2 hours mowing, blowing, and trimming the yard. It's freakin 80* out today!!

Had half an hour rest, then wife made me a martini, and I started on the deviled eggs. Seems like deviled eggs are popular! Just finished mine - 24 deviled eggs - 12 whole eggs. They came out great!

Next up is the biscuits, then the ham. The ham is just a very small precooked 2 lb ham. Just going to heat the ham, then glaze it. It's just the two of us here, so no use making a big fuss.

Prayers going up RPD
It has just sucked the joy of life right out of me.
I have to keep telling myself that he’s a strong Christian and everything is going to be OK in the end.

Back