Eggs $12 a Dozen by Fall...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Horton

Old Bush Bear
Neighbor
Glad we get about 3 dz a day. We don't eat all that, I barter with extra. Noticed at our little three person farmer's market yesterday that the lady that brings some eggs in went from $2 a dz last year to $3 a dz this year.
Maybe it's time for me to get some new chicks, and get em integrated in with the old biddies.

I'll believe it when I see it... and I don't eat that many eggs anyway. However, all the "doom & gloom" is getting tiresome, it's all just manufactured grief from these dirty globalist swine. They're really piling it on as they push the 'Great Reset'---never would've happened without the fraudulent election, go figure. I wonder how many idiot libtards are regretting their choices in this Brave New Fraudulent Third World? How's that Biden Economy workin' for ya? Whatever happened to 'BUILD BACK BETTER?' Oh, yeah, that was just a campaign slogan, another lie in a lonnnnnng list of lies, lol. Boy, that bumper sticker I saw was right on the money:

'EVEN DUCT TAPE CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!' :oops:

Glad we get about 3 dz a day. We don't eat all that, I barter with extra. Noticed at our little three person farmer's market yesterday that the lady that brings some eggs in went from $2 a dz last year to $3 a dz this year.

Two years ago, I was selling eggs for $5.00 doz. Now, they would be close to ten if I were still on the farm. Here feed is $25.00 a bag. All my spare eggs are frozen, dehydrated or fed to the dogs to bolster their dry food.

Luckily for me, the massive increase in gas prices brings in massive returns on my investments in oil companies, which pays for massive increases in food prices. But I know that things don't work out like this for most people, so inflation is indeed a serious issue. I experience sticker shock every time I go to buy something these days.

This is how I see the MSM.

LmpwZw

For a long time now I have not paid any attention to store egg prices.. Yesterday while in our local mega grocery and the local Costco the Costco eggs were the cheapest at $4.25 a dozen..

Global governance by corporations (i.e. the Great Reset) will NEVER have any positive outcome... not for the average citizen, that's for sure. Those corporations are motivated entirely by greed, they're NOT concerned with the health & welfare of John Q. Public and his family. As long as folks ALLOW these corporations to carry out their evil plan, civil rights will be lost and EVERYTHING will be more expensive. That's globalism in a nutshell: greedy swine obsessed with running the world, and actively destroying the U.S. as we once knew it. :mad:

These changes you observe now---the ridiculous price of eggs and fuel and other commodities---are merely the tip of the iceberg. Same goes for the fraudulent election where bought & sold TOOLS gained office through criminal means... namely, Dominion voting machines. All these ugly signs point toward globalism, and guess what? Those dirty globalist swine couldn't care less how much grief they bring in the process of grabbing control... they're only interested in money and power. End of story. :oops:

heres a thought...we are being gouged...and played..why..according to ag statistics we are at low of egg production going back to 2007...well egg prices never got even close to these prices..population has not changed that much to warrant the theory of more people need more eggs...its price gouging in my pea brain.

I have this dumb idea, remember when NYC banned 32 Oz cups of soda and removed salt from the tables and take out? what if this was some stupid scheme to make us lose weight?

For a long time now I have not paid any attention to store egg prices.. Yesterday while in our local mega grocery and the local Costco the Costco eggs were the cheapest at $4.25 a dozen..

Hey neighbor,

I was in that Costco yesterday as well. (Return trip to the airport) Hubby likes the Mike Holmes work pants.

heres a thought...we are being gouged...and played..why..according to ag statistics we are at low of egg production going back to 2007...well egg prices never got even close to these prices..population has not changed that much to warrant the theory of more people need more eggs...its price gouging in my pea brain.
We are being played. Local producers still aren’t being allowed to sell to the public. Makes no sense at all.
Big producers have contracts for #1s. I don’t know where all the #2s are going now but am going to ask.
I really don’t want to do chickens again, but if the government won’t let the locals sell a few of their surplus eggs to neighbors, I may just as well.
Guess I’m glad I didn’t part with equipment.

We share eggs with relatives.. Most people here in our bush community keep at least a few chickens...
I would not mind getting 5-6 more layers, but am a bit reluctant to do so as to not bring in any unwanted virus or the like.. Knock on wood, there has been no reports of virus or the like in the larger area here..

We have a significant stock of homemade egg powder on hand, but if our surplus gets to be too much we will keep making homemade powdered egg as they don't go bad, and are quite useful...

Make shade outdoors and keep plenty of water out, they'll go back in the coop when its dark.
let the little buggers roam free as you can in this heat.

Agreed, chickens can survive heat better than cold. When it's hot out, make sure they have some shade and plenty of cool water. You can also give them some frozen treats to help keep them cool. But during a cold winter, condensation from lack of air ventilation can cause frostbite. Also depends on breed. Some are more temp hardy than others.

Gee, and I was tempted to butcher a few hens just to save on feed costs. Maybe I won't do that now afterall.

Reactions: Neb
You can also give them some frozen treats to help keep them cool.
--- ---
Here in the far north our "hot" season is that relative to our seasons.. Maybe not as hot of temps as other places, but still relative to the overall climate here..

We get a surprising lot of apples in this area.. Nothing table quality, but more than adequate for "critter" food quality.. We grind and mix apples, rose hips, alfalfa leaves, fennel seed and like things.. Then freeze in 1-2 liter size containers for summer chicken treats.. We thaw and feed in winter.. Also a Cool Whip size container of ice seems fun for them to peck at on the ground or in a water dish..

Latest posts

Back