Elderberry - Deeper Thoughts on Pruning

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been digging back through my old PM's to find name of cultivar i have.Grizzgal and me ordered some at same time and got the last ones vendor had...its Sampo Elderberry cultivar...Sampo is a Danish variety of European elder being planted commercially in Sweden and Germany. It bears large crops of flavorful, healthful fruit and sports dark green foliage. Grows to about 10 feet in sun or partial shade.

This winter i ordered Marge Elderberry cultivar...for second time..first time they all failed and then couldnt get any the following year...so..now i have marge growing from cuttings.

Going back through old pm's with grizzgal...boyhowdy...i sure do miss her...a bunch !

I been digging back through my old PM's to find name of cultivar i have.Grizzgal and me ordered some at same time and got the last ones vendor had...its Sampo Elderberry cultivar...Sampo is a Danish variety of European elder being planted commercially in Sweden and Germany. It bears large crops of flavorful, healthful fruit and sports dark green foliage. Grows to about 10 feet in sun or partial shade.

This winter i ordered Marge Elderberry cultivar...for second time..first time they all failed and then couldnt get any the following year...so..now i have marge growing from cuttings.

Going back through old pm's with grizzgal...boyhowdy...i sure do miss her...a bunch !
Young yet smart!! Gone too soon!!

Elderberries need a lot of water, around here it's claimed that if you see an elderberry tree that's healthy, then there is probably water sources 10 feet below, frequently we have found Elderberry trees growing in ditches that are spring fed or very damp throughout the summer months.

Latest posts

Back