EV's, Like It Or Not, They Are Soon To Be Mandated

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teeceetx

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Eight states have now mandated all cars sold will be EV's by 2035. New gas powered cars will be BANNED. More are considering similar laws.

Never mind that the technology isn't there yet, never mind that components are sourced only in China, where the hell is all the electricity going to come from?!!!

I'm not aware of any major push to open new power generation facilities.

I imagine the real agenda is to radically reduce the number of miles driven by the population. Control of the masses is what's really going on here.

Eight states have now mandated all cars sold will be EV's by 2035. New gas powered cars will be BANNED. More are considering similar laws.

Never mind that the technology isn't there yet, never mind that components are sourced only in China, where the hell is all the electricity going to come from?!!!

I imagine the real agenda is to radically reduce the number of miles driven by the population. Control of the masses is what's really going on here.
Time to get a human powered car!

Modern gasoline powered vehicles can last 400,000 miles or more if proper maintenance is performed.
My 2007 GMC has 285,000 and I’m 75 years old, so I don’t see me buying any other vehicle anytime soon.
And the wife drives a Chevy Silverado with a turbo diesel, that engine will still be running when EV’s are dead and gone.

In congress & want to become rich? Invest in stock of companies that you know will go up because of laws you pass. Want to make a lot of money real fast. Pass law mandating an area of the market that isn't high to start with, electric anything, cleaning pollution & so on. But how do you justify those things with the public, by saving the earth of course. You can also make money killing industries by selling short. Oh & you can make money under the table by taking bribes from countries like china. Politicians want money & power. Money to become wealthy & power to stay in charge to become even more wealthy.

Consider also ... the majority of EV's are owned by liberal wealthy people in liberal cities. There is a considerable wealth transfer that will happen when we all switch to EV's ... from poor and middle class to the upper classes, from the rural/suburban to the cities.

I do not approve of this crap , nor do I approve of all the other libtarded nonsense. a social system that looks after those in need would be nice, but deciding that evs are the answer is just plain retarded, I could drive my heavy haul winch tractor as a pick up truck and burn less fuel and cause less environmental damage that the lithium battery in one EV causes:facepalm:

This country doesnt have the infrastructure to handle the power needed for Evs.
It's all aging, alot of areas are falling apart already. Rural areas wouldn't have the infrastructure..EVs dont work in freezing temps..
I know it's a green push to go this way ..maybe the tech will be improved 100 years from now but by then... I believe.. we will be either back living simply because of shifts on this earthy plane that is out of our control or we will have anti gravity tech and other power producing or harnessing type technology available n no longer need to have gas powered trucks or roads or ev cars ..probably no powerlines needed too.
Nikola Tesla had it figured out.. remember that lightbulb he had? He was way ahead of his time..
I'd bet a few folks on here could figure it out too..some very smart n talented folks on this forum. Put a group of all your experiences together with a unlimited budget and all the materials to get it done..yep..

This country doesnt have the infrastructure to handle the power needed for Evs.
It's all aging, alot of areas are falling apart already. Rural areas wouldn't have the infrastructure..EVs dont work in freezing temps..
I know it's a green push to go this way ..maybe the tech will be improved 100 years from now but by then... I believe.. we will be either back living simply because of shifts on this earthy plane that is out of our control or we will have anti gravity tech and other power producing or harnessing type technology available n no longer need to have gas powered trucks or roads or ev cars ..probably no powerlines needed too.
Nikola Tesla had it figured out.. remember that lightbulb he had? He was way ahead of his time..
I'd bet a few folks on here could figure it out too..some very smart n talented folks on this forum. Put a group of all your experiences together with a unlimited budget and all the materials to get it done..yep..
Why can't other people see this???

By the time that happens, I will be ready and willing to let Uber or Lyft take me wherever I want to go. Someone else can worry about keeping their car powered.

EV for everyone, mandated, is the dumbest idea anyone has ever had.

Try getting a home heating discount or credit if electric is your primary heat souse - it ain't gonna happen. Just saying... I wouldn't use electric as primary heat source, but as a supplement in certain rooms, at certain times ... it can have benefits.

Anyway, I agree with you all that mandating EVs is the stupidest thing ever since someone believed that climate change mitigation will save us all.

Something else I heard that made me think about future planning is so many vehicles are being crushed for recycling..before they are picked over.
I heard this on a podcast news. The info was from a person who deals with cars that were totaled out by insurance. It is becoming more common because it is cheaper often to total it out even if it's not that bad than to try n find parts and pay to have it fixed due to inflation.
So parts for not very old vehicles are getting scarce for another reason.
So if you can find a cheap car or truck for parts it might not be a bad idea if it is reasonable.

Something else I heard that made me think about future planning is so many vehicles are being crushed for recycling..before they are picked over.
I heard this on a podcast news. The info was from a person who deals with cars that were totaled out by insurance. It is becoming more common because it is cheaper often to total it out even if it's not that bad than to try n find parts and pay to have it fixed due to inflation.
So parts for not very old vehicles are getting scarce for another reason.
So if you can find a cheap car or truck for parts it might not be a bad idea if it is reasonable.
Same thing happen during Obummers time. Cash for Clunkers. Made it neary impossible to find used cars. Thats what started driving the market up

Try getting a home heating discount or credit if electric is your primary heat source - it ain't gonna happen. Just saying... I wouldn't use electric as primary heat source, but as a supplement in certain rooms, at certain times ... it can have benefits.

Anyway, I agree with you all that mandating EVs is the stupidest thing ever since someone believed that climate change mitigation will save us all.
We got one! :D
When the NG company wanted to run a pipeline down our street, the electric company followed right behind them...
They said: "If you sign a form saying you will stay 'all electric', we will change your billing to the 'economy-rate' saving you about 30%".
We still have dirt-cheap power to this day.:woo hoo:

We got one! :D
When the NG company wanted to run a pipeline down our street, the electric company followed right behind them...
They said: "If you sign a form saying you will stay 'all electric', we will change your billing to the 'economy-rate' saving you about 30%".
We still have dirt-cheap power to this day.:woo hoo:
🫢

Seriously?
Hope you have a propane tank in your back yard.

🫢

Seriously?
Hope you have a propane tank in your back yard.
Won't need it...
We only have 1-1/2 to 2 months of winter each year, so it's no biggie.
You can't use gas for air conditioning, but I subscribe to SEER ratings and got us a damgood one :D.

Latest posts

Back