Experiment.....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Capture a few of those "tool-using monkeys," and give them pictographs of waterfalls, specific fruit, caves, etc., for a month, then turn them loose with their tribes and see what happens. If they start leading the tribe to waterfalls, specific fruits, caves, etc., we have just jump-started evolution, and there is no telling what those monkeys would think of next, on their own. Could it work? Only one way to find out!

I don't know about that. Doesn't seem to work necessarily with job training with people to get off welfare. Actually, I'm having a problem with my last two new hires. Seems that they finish their classes in Early Childhood, and that's all fine and dandy, but they never thought that they can then work a 9 to 5.
So, my theory is, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him figure out how to swim.

Capture a few of those "tool-using monkeys," and give them pictographs of waterfalls, specific fruit, caves, etc., for a month, then turn them loose with their tribes and see what happens. If they start leading the tribe to waterfalls, specific fruits, caves, etc., we have just jump-started evolution, and there is no telling what those monkeys would think of next, on their own. Could it work? Only one way to find out!
I thought we tried that once..it was a failed experiment. I could be wrong, maybe it was a partial success, I'll have to check again. Hey, at least they learned sign language to get a banana, although I think they saw certain hand movements elicited certain responses, and learned by repetition. Now they can get all the bananas they want.

I thought we tried that once..it was a failed experiment. I could be wrong, maybe it was a partial success, I'll have to check again. Hey, at least they learned sign language to get a banana, although I think they saw certain hand movements elicited certain responses, and learned by repetition. Now they can get all the bananas they want.

What about the chimps that have learned up to 500 words of human vocabulary and can take orders withoput any hand signals at all? Are chimps smarter then the monkeys? I don' t know...I'm not even sure the tool making is actually tool making, or if they stumbled on it by accident. Some chimps also use tools...rocks to crush clams, sticks to fish out termites and ants, etc...accident or "thinking?" Who knows...it'll be a thousand years before evolution advances them any further, without a kick start.

I think chimps are smarter, but do they vocalize, or just understand the words? Again, it could be they are just trained to the "sound" of the word. Do they really understand them? Can they follow a complex sentence of those words? Not just blue, ball, box. Maybe that's all we do anyway, lol.
Kick start em? I don't know...planet of the apes comes to mind. :)

They can learn and always could learn ,if taught but they could when created and won't do any better with time, like all of who have learned since time.
KoKo is very smart and so is her trainer. I use to argue with this woman on Court TV forum all the time, we became online buddies after awhile.

Latest posts

Back