Finallly happened......diesel related

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strycnine

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Finally got some funk growing in my tractors fuel tank. I took it off and cleaned it out best I could. After I put it back on I added some Bio-Kleen. Hope this helps.
20221017_164002.jpg
20221017_141615.jpg
20221017_163937.jpg

Being a certified diesel tech, I find that most interesting.
We played with 'jelly' from biodiesel and lots of rust, but nothing like that.
Are you sure it isn't 'chaff' that somehow got in there because the filler cap was off while bushhogging?:dunno:

Very good article. Thanks for sharing it
Well, that explains it. I haven't touched a diesel since 2010 (which is great :thumbs:).
The agency allowed for a phase-in period, but by 2014, all diesel fuel both on-road and off sold in the U.S. had transitioned to ULSD. This sulfur removal has opened the floodgates of microbial growth in diesel tanks because the natural sulfur biocide has been removed.
The 'eco-nazis' fixed it. :confused:
Edit: Biodiesel 'jelly':
Most diesel contains 2 percent to 5 percent biodiesel content, no matter where you get it. Microbes love to feed off biodiesel, so any biodiesel content can make microbe problems worse. Biodiesel is also, depending on the feedstock it’s made from, a lot less stable than diesel fuel, so any biodiesel content can contribute to fuel instability and solids formation. Finally, biodiesel can make cold-weather gelling problems worse, though this isn’t much of a problem until you reach 20 percent or greater biodiesel content in the diesel fuel.
Imagine the tank is full of 100% biodiesel. :oops: Been there.

Last edited:
Well, that explains it. I haven't touched a diesel since 2010 (which is great :thumbs:).

The 'eco-nazis' fixed it. :confused:
Edit: Biodiesel 'jelly':

Imagine the tank is full of 100% biodiesel. :oops: Been there.
They sure fixed it 😡!

We burn 36,000 gallons every 10 days if we are running 100 percent. Thankfully we haven't had an issue like this in 21 years. I guess it's because we don't have it in the tanks very long.

Latest posts

Back