FIREWOOD COST......??? How do they sell it (True CORD) or some goofy amount....???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stole this from What is a cord
I cut firewood all my childhood, the way other boys played sports, because that what our Father taught us to do.
I could not believe that everyone did not have a wood stove.
I learned more about a cord this week, because we worked on a truck load & we never sold wood. everyone we knew had a chainsaw & a wood lot.
That sounds familiar. And along with the neighborhood boys, we'd have splitting contests. Kinda like "name that tune" in the way you had to declare how many swings you could split the next piece

The competition made us strong and efficient at splitting wood. And we could impress the girls by dinging the bell on those carnival contraptions - most of us anyway?

It's usually sold by the rick around here, 1/2 cord in total. Used to be about $50, now between $75-200 per rick. I've been looking on Craigslist and find 3 typically selling. But it's split and delivered. Buying it makes better use of my time while I'm still working.

The price depends on what the customer wants. But yeah. I sell by the 128 cu.ft cord. Mixed hardwood in 16 inch logs is going for $350 delivered and unstacked unless i have to travel more than 20 miles. Apple is 550 a cord. 1 cu.ft bundles work out to $800 a cord. Want shorter logs or debarked logs or pure oak or pure hickory, kiln dried? It costs more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back