Flu Shots

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I get a shot I get the flu, no shot no flu. When I mention this to a medical professional that is trying to push the shots I get, "Just think how sick you would have been if you hadn't had the shot." Well, I think I wouldn't have been sick at all, zip, zero, without the shot. I'm not buying the shot! Would you like to try to sell me a bridge?

I've gotten a flu shot for decades now - and never come down with the flu. There b'Golly, you see? They work.
Good for you VT! I hear you can move mountains with faith - I don't see why it wouldn't work on the flu. ;)

Never had one, rarely get sick, avoid crowded places. Once every 10 years or so I will get something that knocks me on my ass for a few days.

I have learned to recognize when I am starting to get sick and take aspirin for about 3 days. Not for the pain but to keep the fever at bay. Because of this I just don't get sick by allowing it to progress past that point.

Never had one, rarely get sick, avoid crowded places. Once every 10 years or so I will get something that knocks me on my ass for a few days...
As long as you can bounce back up, it's no biggie.
For me it would also be just a bout of the flu:rolleyes:.
But if I brought it home to my 86-yo FIL and we had to lower his casket in the ground, I would need a new wife.

And I ain't purty no more:(.:eek:

Sometimes I get them.
Sometimes I don't.

My employer will has a program where a company nurse will give the shot for free. However, with my travel schedule I'm rarely in the same place as a company nurse. If she happens to be giving out the shot when I see her, I get the shot.

As far as I know, I've never had influenza. There may have been one case at Christmas time when I was about 10, but I had spasms in my esophagus during that and the doc was far more concerned about those. Norovirus and rotavirus are much more of a concern for me, and winter always fills me with dread when it goes through my daughter's school. Last time I got it I nearly died, and I spent some time in the hospital...

Flu shots do not protect you against all possible strains of the virus. Check. Flu shots do not guarantee that you don't get the virus. Check. You don't get the flu from a flu shot (because the virus' in the shot are dead). Check. A flu shot may prevent you from getting the flu or make your case milder if you do get it. Check. Flu shots are cheap, usually free. Check. Individual anecdotal evident like "I got a flu shot, then got the flu, therefore it was the shot that caused it" is garbage. Check. Individual anecdotal evidence like "I got the flu shot and didn't get the flu, therefore the shot protected me" is garbage. Check.

So decide on your own if you want to get a flu shot or not. I really could not care less what you choose when it comes to your own well being. But at least be courteous to other people and stay home from work, and don't go out in public, if you get the flu. And stay away from the elderly, the sickly, and young children because they do not have the immune system that you do, and what is a minor case of the flu for you may be deadly for them. Realize that your choices affect others as much, or more, than they affect you.

I do not remember ever getting a flu shot, work/ med insurence has free flu vaccinations every year. DW said no, so I do not get one.
I told my Pulmonary Dr. this & he said take D3 5000 IU & K2 80 mcg (K2 helps you absorb the D3) daily & you will not need a flu shot, he is 60 years old.
I did not know about the eggs, why would I, I eat a dozen eggs a week, boiled or scrambled.
IF YOU ARE IN POOR HEALTH & OVER 59 YEAR OLD, GET THE SHOT. I agree Supervisor42 on this, flu kills babies & the very old & the weak.
To be fair I do get a runny nose in winter & sometime take extra potty breaks.:(
I was shocked when my Doctor ‍⚕️ said D3 & K2 would replace the shot!

You go to a witchdoctor, Joel?
Yeah, getting people vaccinated has always been a conspiracy by greedy pharmaceuticals to make billions of dollars selling shots at $0 each:rolleyes:.
Every vaccination we kids got, my mom carried us down to the county health department. No insurance. No money paid. They shot us all!gaah
Some people are harder to shoot than others.
Besides, If you got vitamins you don't need no stinkin' shot!dancing chicken
Just ask Rafe:

Last edited:
• Flu Shot •
Here is the flu vaccine box stating right on the outside that it contains Mercury. Mercury is one of the deadliest materials on Earth and if a flu vaccine vial spills then hazmat suits have to be used to clean it up yet people are running to inject this into our bodies.

Thimerosal contains 49.6% mercury by weight. At high doses, mercury and mercuric compounds—including thimerosal, its metabolite ethylmercury, and methylmercury—are well-established nephro- and neurotoxicants (ATSDR; 1999; EPA, 1997; NRC, 2000).
In order to not get the flu you have to have the EXACT Strain pathogen marker in your white blood cells! If God hasn’t made this years flu strain yet how can they create a shot for this years flu months ago?

FB_IMG_1574110532051.jpg

Jim

• Flu Shot •
Here is the flu vaccine box stating right on the outside that it contains Mercury. Mercury is one of the deadliest materials on Earth and if a flu vaccine vial spills then hazmat suits have to be used to clean it up yet people are running to inject this into our bodies.

Thimerosal contains 49.6% mercury by weight. At high doses, mercury and mercuric compounds—including thimerosal, its metabolite ethylmercury, and methylmercury—are well-established nephro- and neurotoxicants (ATSDR; 1999; EPA, 1997; NRC, 2000).
In order to not get the flu you have to have the EXACT Strain pathogen marker in your white blood cells! If God hasn’t made this years flu strain yet how can they create a shot for this years flu months ago?

View attachment 29720

Jim
Great.
Now nobody will get a flu-shot!gaah

You should know about Mercury .

Jim
;) Why yes, thanks for asking!
Everybody skips right over the part that says: "exposure to mercury in large amounts can lead to accumulation of it in the body and toxic effects".
You know anything about lead used in bullets?;)
Both lead and mercury are eliminated from the body slowly thru chelation. Either one in large amounts taken inside the body are toxic.
If you just handle cartridges with lead bullets with your bare hands, you absorb far more toxic lead thru your skin than the mercury in a dozen flu shots.
Neither one matters because either one will be completely eliminated from your body in a couple weeks:rolleyes:.
The only danger with either one, is the amount....Which happens to be miniscule!

Last edited:
;) Why yes, thanks for asking!
Everybody skips right over the part that says: "exposure to mercury in large amounts can lead to accumulation of it in the body and toxic effects".
You know anything about lead used in bullets?;)
Both lead and mercury are eliminated from the body slowly thru chelation. Either one in large amounts taken inside the body are toxic.
If you just handle cartridges with lead bullets with your bare hands, you absorb far more toxic lead thru your skin than the mercury in a dozen flu shots.
Neither one matters because either one will be completely eliminated from your body in a couple weeks:rolleyes:.
The only danger with either one, is the amount....Which happens to be miniscule!

That abbreviation - mcg - stands for microgram. A millionth of a gram. it's a teensy weensy unit of measure. That's teensy weensy (so now you know).

That abbreviation - mcg - stands for microgram. A millionth of a gram. it's a teensy weensy unit of measure. That's teensy weensy (so now you know).
Since I am still miles away low on my mercury intake, and was at the Dr today, I got the Tdap vaccination.
That stands for: "Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis".
(translation for old folks: lockjaw, diphtheritic croup, and whooping-cough):).
Remember, I live with elderly people.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I get the flu vax. But I also up my weekly consumption of eggs during flu season. Does that make me a fence-sitter? :p
No.
You can join the few of us poking the bodies laying on the street to make sure they are dead though:rolleyes:.

* The previous statement contains exaggeration for comedic purpose.

Hey Supervisor, If I had to worry about bodies in the street I would be getting the shots too, maybe, but there aren't enough folks to have bodies in the street around me.
The coyotes would happily handle the very few bodies around here.

Hey Supervisor, If I had to worry about bodies in the street I would be getting the shots too, maybe, but there aren't enough folks to have bodies in the street around me.
The coyotes would happily handle the very few bodies around here.
:D Fortunately the coyotes don't need to be vaccinated. (can't say they don't need to be shot:rolleyes:) They can't get the flu.
And there won't be bodies in the street.
The govt picks them up really fast nowadays.:)

Latest posts

Back