"FOCUSING" when "Information" is coming 600 miles per second.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
How do you (as leader) sort through massive "INCOMING" information (an instant decision) resulting in total or substantial elimination of those who trusted you, with their life.

How do you (as leader) sort through massive "INCOMING" information (an instant decision) resulting in total or substantial elimination of those who trusted you, with their life.
Not so much life threatening, although in some cases could be but we do our best to avoid that. We have days at work where stuff is coming at us faster than we can possibly keep up. Those days are overwhelming. Gotta stay focused, prioritize, adapt as you go, be flexible enough to make changes on the fly. I've got 2 crews I manage, some guys are younger and go with the flow. My old hand is dead set in his ways. He'll do what needs doing, but will batch about it for 3 weeks.

I am blessed with the total calm when everyone else panics, as well as time slowing during an adrenaline rush. if it involves loved ones, the amount of love you feel for each will dictate who you help first/ most but first do what you can about solving the danger that caused the problem in the first place

I mean... is there anything that doesn't fall under that?
Not much.

That is the coolest thing about it.

That is why we prep with capabilities rather than for scenarios.

That is why when I hear someone say something or read a post that indicates a fundamentally wrong mindset, I assess they are only going to survive as long as the world stays relatively unchanged.

Latest posts

Back