Foods that help high blood pressure and gout.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Since I have both, I've been doing some research, and so far it's been a kick in the junk seeing what I have to give up! Sodas, red meat, tuna, honey, beer, most bread. the only bright side so far is both diets say I can have bacon!
I can have beans and uncured ham I guess. pretty much everything else aggravates my stomach. Let's have some recipes guys, my life is about to get much worse!

Here is something healthy I make a lot: plain cooked rice ( I use medium grain rice for this, it goes better) , cut up some sweet potato and toss in olive oil , bake in oven, just before done add a can of chickpeas. This goes on the rice bowl. Then I add things like pickled red onion, shredded raw carrot, cucumber, microgreens from the farmers market , avocado, whatever veg you like. The sauce: peanut butter, soy sauce, hot sauce ( if you like spicy ) , a little sugar, some rice vinegar and some sesame oil

You can also fry some meat and add, if you can't have red meat, you could do chicken or ground pork

processed meat is not good for you , so try to not eat so much ham or bacon

As I mentioned to you in another thread, cherries help greatly with gout. I keep a bag of dried cherries that I snack on, on an irregular basis, as a preventative. When I feel an attack coming on I have a few dried cherries two or three times a day.

I cook dried cherries in my cream of barley cereal to sweeten the breakfast and add flavor. Cherry pie, cherry tarts, and cherry yogurt are just a sampling of things I have used as a carrier of my “medicine.” In season fresh cherries are the best.

If you’re suffering from gout, has your doctor discussed oxalates with you? They are one of the triggers for gout and even kidney stones. The book Toxic Superfoods by Sally Norton. It’s a bit eye opening about how many foods we consider good for you can actually cause all kinds of issues if overdone or not prepared properly.

I have passed maybe three kidney stones in my life, all after drinking Diet Coke. No idea why. In my younger days, I could drink a 6 pack of beer and not pee once but drink ONE diet Coke and I'd relieve myself of a gallon!

It's a good thing I like beets and cherries. Time to re-invent myself again.

It's a shame we all live so far apart, can you imagine one of our BBQ s?
We were co-producing an album by "the ping pong method" from a lot of different spots on the planet. When we finally all got together in Nashville...wow...steer on a spit...the whole nine yards...all on July 4th!!!

@Magus If you like herbs (not that kind! 😂) many have great healing properties. I think I just mentioned the other day parsley helps with BP. Other herbs that are beneficial: oregano, thyme and sage. Garlic is good too.
Most herbs are grown pretty easily and are pretty inexpensive and can go with a variety of meals.

Back