Foreign to you.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pager peeps and you look to see the number to call back...from a payphone.

Mercurochrome for cuts.

Toy trucks made out of metal and in my Dad's case, cast iron.

The whole family would go on the weekly trip to town. And if something was forgotten it would have to wait till next week.

Two pairs of shoes. One for every day and the other for Church. Every day pair wore out the Sunday pair got demoted and a new pair was bought for Sundays.

Pants were extra big around the waist and extra long and rolled up. You grew into them to make them last longer.

Stores had complete isles filled with model kits to glue together and paint.

Last edited:
Oh one more tid bit....cloth diapers and having to clean them out before washing!!!??

In hard times when it rained I had diapers and baby clothes hanging all over the house. I'd empty them in the toilet, fill up bath tub then stand in it and stomp them clean, then push them to back of tub, stomp out water,fill up tub twice more to rinse. Start hanging them up anywhere I could find a vacant spot. Did same for regular clothes. But much of the time I had diaper service or laundry mat.

I have seen those in the thrift store but not priced high. I liked them too, but now I feel they might be aluminum and I don't use that.

Kat, they are stainless steel and that is why so high for past several years at least. I don't use aluminum either. It leach's into the substance is holds or has contact with.

Latest posts

Back