Forum changes, what do you guys think?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As per the header guys, what do you think about the change in ownership and management and style of forum. I like the technical updates thanks Angie baby, But part of the forums appeal is it was set up by a very respected prepper / survivalist whose reputation was well earned, it was a prep forum by preppers for preppers, now its different. so what do you my peers think??
Thank You.

So far I'm not too impressed. I'll give it awhile before I decide to stay on. Part of my decision on whether to stay or go is if they place restrictions on what we're allowed to say in our comments. We all dissagree at times, but for the most of the time we're still respectful of each other's views.
We shall see how my last comments are received
1593444526362.png

One thing I don't like is it doesn't show you date/time on people's posts. So if I come to an old thread I don't know if it was a week ago or 5 years ago that someone posted.

I really don’t see much difference other than no shoutbox and some advertising. It does seem faster now.
I just attached a photo for the first time since the new layout. I hit medium file size and it loaded in about one second. Huge improvement from what I experienced before. I don’t know why it’s faster but it definitely is. And no, Angie isn’t paying me....

Attachments

• 6268EA52-621F-40C0-B851-36F019147129.jpeg
    6268EA52-621F-40C0-B851-36F019147129.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 4
I really don’t see much difference other than no shoutbox and some advertising. It does seem faster now.
I just attached a photo for the first time since the new layout. I hit medium file size and it loaded in about one second. Huge improvement from what I experienced before. I don’t know why it’s faster but it definitely is. And no, Angie isn’t paying me....
They do have a shout box, look again. You need to open it at the top. Hit the + sign on the right

Shout box is at the top above the sub-forums and threads.

I only see the shoutbox on the home page, but I have a shortcut straight to New Posts so the only time I see the home page is if I'm creating a new thread.

I'm somewhat dyslexic and very spatially oriented. If my toothbrush is 6" from where I think it is, sometimes I can't even see it, it's like it's invisible.. So things being different places on the screen from what I'm used to is extremely disorienting.

I'm starting to get used to where everything is, but I'm still struggling.

There is a simple way to get rid of those pesky adverts. Install the extension Adblocker and the magic happens. No ads on any site you visit. It's very effective and it's available FREE for laptop, desktop and mobile phone.

Why is it that when I am on my tablet and I post or like sometimes it take and others dont show up after I am able to get on the big computer?

When on tablet are you on your wifi? Are you on a mobile browser? I know on laptop I have Win10/Chrome most of the time, and tablet either ios/Chrome or android/Chrome and I have not run into that happening.

So are there any other differences in your tablet and your laptop?
No. Same internet browser. . . Dont get too complicated on me. I have technicial knowledge issues. . . I do know it is Win 10 and I use a firefox browser. I didnt have problems before.

Latest posts

Back