FOX news can kiss my butt!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
They're wanting my email to read their news stories now. every time I go there I get a Trojan and my inbox is already full of crap from places I've never been to. Sorry guys, I don't need you selling my email address to who knows what annoying group.

They're wanting my email to read their news stories now. every time I go there I get a Trojan and my inbox is already full of crap from places I've never been to. Sorry guys, I don't need you selling my email address to who knows what annoying group.
This has gotten so common now. EVERYONE wants our email address! Remember my post a while back about all the damned spam? Well, this is how it happens.

I guess we can all start an email account for just signing up for b.s. like this, be it yahoo, google or whoever. I have one of those. Start a fake name and profile for yourself. Build it out. Keep your main email address for the stuff that is valuable to you.

Any suggestions for good fake names? Bob Smith? Bill Jones? John Williams? Or maybe even someone famous?

I guess we can all start an email account for just signing up for b.s. like this, be it yahoo, google or whoever. I have one of those. Start a fake name and profile for yourself. Build it out. Keep your main email address for the stuff that is valuable to you.
I have had one so long I do not remember when I started it. They STILL find my real email at times though so I have to do a lot of "Unsubscribe" some days after I have been wandering around on the web.

Go to:

https://www.guerrillamail.com/
Get a disposable email address. Use that to register. Reply to the email address verification that they send. Abandon the email address (except for using it to login to their website later, if needed).

There are many disposable email address sites. The one linked above is just one of them. You simply go there with your web browser and you are immediately given an email address - no need to register or give them any information about yourself. You can send and receive emails using this address via their website. Emails are automatically deleted after a time, usually about 30 minutes to a hour.

Tailor made for signing up for services that require an email address to register, that then send you an email that you need to respond to prove that it's you.

[edit]
Note that the disposable email service - "guerrillamail.com" above - could keep a record of your IP address and the disposable email address that they give you. They probably don't, given their mission of being "disposable", but they could. If this worries you, use TOR to go to the guerrillamail website so that even they cannot have anything to track you with (using TOR, your IP address is not available).
[/edit]

Last edited:
Go to:

https://www.guerrillamail.com/
Get a disposable email address. Use that to register. Reply to the email address verification that they send. Abandon the email address (except for using it to login to their website later, if needed).

There are many disposable email address sites. The one linked above is just one of them. You simply go there with your web browser and you are immediately given an email address - no need to register or give them any information about yourself. You can send and receive emails using this address via their website. Emails are automatically deleted after a time, usually about 30 minutes to a hour.

Tailor made for signing up for services that require an email address to register, that then send you an email that you need to respond to prove that it's you.
Be careful with those if you want to register to forums and such.
XenForo (which this and many other forums run on) can pick up on those disposable e-mail addresses and flag a new registration to the moderators/admin that it's probably a spammer. Can't speak for this site but for others I moderate, it's easy for us to block them.

Can't speak for this site but for others I moderate, it's easy for us to block them.
Yep, I have run into that. Luckily there are a lot of different disposable sites, and you keep trying different ones, or different domains from the same one, until you find something that works. When you start doing this, then you should also be using TOR to the website you are trying to register on. Because otherwise they might block your IP address. Of course, those websites could block well known TOR exit nodes as well. But TOR provides good ways around that too. Or you could use a proxy. Or TOR via proxy, or proxy via TOR. It's a game of cat and mouse sometimes. And usually the persistent and patient cat will win.

I have an email account from Proton. They are all about privacy. Recently they gave me a blocking tool. When I get tired of an emailer I just block them and they don't even show up in my spam folder. I usually unsubscribe, then label as spam, if they continue then I block. 100% effective so far.

I have an email account from Proton. They are all about privacy. Recently they gave me a blocking tool. When I get tired of an emailer I just block them and they don't even show up in my spam folder. I usually unsubscribe, then label as spam, if they continue then I block. 100% effective so far.
I like the few spam emails I get because they verify that my email is still working when I get zero emails for several days.:thumbs:
Of course, they all land in my spam folder, and thanks to Earthlink, I can vaporize all of them with just one click, no need to checkmark boxes.:D
Screenshot_20231213-161123_kindlephoto-2215410032.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back