Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good questions Sis

1 Nothin
2 Stupid people, they come in many different varities
3 28, year before I messed my back up
4 Don't hook up with that stupid batch I married 1st time. RUN FAR FAR AWAY
5 Thats a tough one. Hardworking, or trustworthy I guess. Some folks may say a hole. 🤣🤣🤣
I wholeheartedly agree with you on 4 out of 5 ... except #3 ... I'll say 45

She's on right now, probably getting ready for bed soon 🤔🤔🤔 maybe we'll get pictures!!😉
Nope- you got pictures of flowers. I will say last night I finally slept through the night- woke up just as I fell asleep- hadn’t moved all night long 😳. It’s been a long week or two. Did you ever answer your own questions?

Nope- you got pictures of flowers. I will say last night I finally slept through the night- woke up just as I fell asleep- hadn’t moved all night long 😳. It’s been a long week or two. Did you ever answer your own questions?
Yes, she actually did HERE.
...But, was she telling the truth???🤔

Oh yeah. I remember now 🤪. Her pet peeve is long toenails 🤔. Seems fishy. I suspect she’s just an acting under cover broadway dancer.
...Now if you need gross pictures of long toenails, I will be happy to oblige.:thumbs:
They are almost impossible for me to reach, and when I finally break down and cut them, my hips hurt for more than 1 day😭, (of course being a male, I am also too proud to ask the Mrs to cut them :()
(See above: why Super wears socks to bed; to keep from cutting the sheets up:oops:)

Last edited:
ugh, Super. You should go to the podiatrist. Or to the asian ladies for a pedi. Ha. My Oklahoma niece did a perfect imitation of an asian pedi lady when she was here a few days back. Had me cracking up.
Guess I need to bring my hoof trimming equipment to Louisiana!! 😮

...Now if you need gross pictures of long toenails, I will be happy to oblige.:thumbs:
They are almost impossible for me to reach, and when I finally break down and cut them, my hips hurt for more than 1 day😭, (of course being a male, I am also too proud to ask the Mrs to cut them :()
(See above: why Super wears socks to bed; to keep from cutting the sheets up:oops:)
I was going to suggest a pedi also. There are a lot of older folks who do that as the soaking softens them and makes it easier and they become healthier being maintained.

I was going to suggest a pedi also. There are a lot of older folks who do that as the soaking softens them and makes it easier and they become healthier being maintained.
And with the warm weather already in our area you can go as bright and shocking as you want with the toe nail polish color!! 😉😁

Happy Friday! Here are the Pearl Five: 1) What do you wear to bed? 2)What is your biggest pet peeve? 3) If you could be any age, forever, what would it be? 4) If you could go back and give your teenage self one piece of advice, what would you tell you? 5) If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
1.) t-shirt or short cotton night gown over undies.
2.) that could be a long list. People who say “could have” rather than “could have”. It’s more obvious in print. People who don’t bring a shopping cart in from the parking lot and walk past several only to take one from inside the store. People who are not kind to animals. I could go on and on.
3.) I’d say around 40. Had my kids, I was still pretty able bodied.
4.) don’t rush into things. Don’t marry that useless dumbass.
5.) generous and friendly. I’ll talk to anyone. I compliment total strangers on their hair, necklace, choice of clothes, etc.

Sick at home and bored, so I guess I’ll play along.

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say? I don’t do bumper stickers
2. Favorite ice cream flavor? Vanilla (boring says my wife, but I love maple syrup on it)
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from? Jesus (he’s alive) Robin Williams (he’s dead)
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc) Corn (don’t know why, but I get great stalks that die).
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended? Toss up between Weezer (2020) or a small venue (less than 30 people) of Everlast (1999).

And for round two

1. What do you wear to bed? Boxer Briefs

2. What is your biggest pet peeve? People who go the same speed in the left lane as people in the right lane and people who drive slow on curves but then speed up a ridiculous amount on the straight aways (I mean really, I caught up to you during the curvy section, so why make he do 20 over to pass you?)

3. If you could be any age, forever, what would it be? 39 (believe it or not, I was at my fastest at that point)

4. If you could go back and give your teenage self one piece of advice, what would you tell you? Life is not a competition with others, only with yourself

5. If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be? Thoughtful

And for round two

2. What is your biggest pet peeve? People who go the same speed in the left lane as people in the right lane and people who drive slow on curves but then speed up a ridiculous amount on the straight aways (I mean really, I caught up to you during the curvy section, so why make he do 20 over to pass you?)
That is one of mine too

1.) t-shirt or short cotton night gown over undies.
2.) that could be a long list. People who say “could have” rather than “could have”. It’s more obvious in print. People who don’t bring a shopping cart in from the parking lot and walk past several only to take one from inside the store. People who are not kind to animals. I could go on and on.
3.) I’d say around 40. Had my kids, I was still pretty able bodied.
4.) don’t rush into things. Don’t marry that useless dumbass.
5.) generous and friendly. I’ll talk to anyone. I compliment total strangers on their hair, necklace, choice of clothes, etc.
Oops. Just noticed. The pet peeve SHOULD have said people who say “could of” rather than “could have”. (Notice I said should have and not should of?

Happy Friday! Here are the Pearl Five: 1) What do you wear to bed? 2)What is your biggest pet peeve? 3) If you could be any age, forever, what would it be? 4) If you could go back and give your teenage self one piece of advice, what would you tell you? 5) If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
1) Tomorrows clothes.
2) Intolerance based on a faith that only one party in the conversation shares.
3) 21
4)Trust your intuition,
5) Inexorable

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say?
I don't have a car.
2. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Coffee
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from?
Jesus. Christopher Hitchens. Some of the founding fathers. John D Rockefeller. Andrew Carnegie.
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc)
Cannabis, Shrooms, Green Onions. Garlic
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended?
Don't call it a comeback tour of Motion City Soundtrack.

EDIT: I found a new pet peeve.

When one of my coworkers anonymously fills a box of TP buy throwing the rolls in haphazardly so they a) contain way too few and b) it's a mess, then staples it and puts it with the others so it looks only looks like they did their job. Because when we find that before it goes out we have to redo a whole box and make sure it's 90 TPs per box and restaple it and pray none of the others that went out were like that.

Last edited:
We will do this early, so you have something to think about with your Morning coffee.

1. Name a person that you most admire.
2. If you could go bck in time what period or event would you most like to see?
3. What place would you most like to visit?
4. What event would you most like to attend?
5, What was/is your dream car?

I will wait for some responses before I give my answers.

Alas, the question of what LadyLocust wears to bed at night will have to remain one of the great mysteries of the universe; right up there with Why do tornadoes always hit trailer parks, and Why do Kamikazee pilots wear helmets?

We will do this early, so you have something to think about with your Morning coffee.

1. Name a person that you most admire.
2. If you could go bck in time what period or event would you most like to see?
3. What place would you most like to visit?
4. What event would you most like to attend?
5, What was/is your dream car?
I will try to do this fast, ovens are all full and I am waiting for something to finish

1. not sure will get back on that
2. I want to go back in time around 2000 years and see if Jesus was real and if he really did miracles and resurrect and all that
3. China , Forbidden Palace, Great wall, some of the weird holy mountains, panda bears, Tibet ( we have traveled everywhere else I wanted to go, but husband was not allowed to go there because of his job, and he didn't want to either)
4. Wacken heavy metal concert in Germany, never been
5. Chevy Suburban 4wd ( had one before, have a Yukon XL now, which is the cheaper GMC version of it)

1) I most admire the man who owned the ranch my Dad worked on when I was a kid! His name was Joe (leaving out last name for OPSEC reasons), he had two daughters about my age a a great wife! Joe was very people and animal smart. Kind and hard working! I had the most amazing childhood, and grew into the person I am today because of Joe!! 2) I would like to go back to the late 1800's in the county I live in now! I'm really into my county's history and had the pleasure of knowing two people who were born in 1899 here. They are long gone, but I loved their historical recollections! 3) The Florida Keys. Yep, that's boring, but that's the place I would like to visit!! 4) I can honestly say there is no event I would like to attend!! The world is too weird right now! 5) Any older Chevy 4×4 truck!

Latest posts

Back