Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) What is your favorite science fiction book and/or author?

don't have one, Stephen King for scary stuff, does that count?

2) Name the 1 or 2 things you are most skilled at.
probably designing stormwater and environmental systems I was a good engineer, and now raising goats, baking bread

3) What is your favorite fruit, nut, or veggie to raise? Or the one that performs best for you?

greens of all sorts do really well here, tomatoes and weed ( grew some super potent 6 ft plants last year, have buckets full now)
4) After a long hard stressful day workin, either at work or around your own place, what is your favorite way to relax and unwind?

watching a soap opera from various foreign countries , currently watching a turkish one

5) Where is your favorite vacation destination? Could be your best trip ever, or the one you keep going back to.
best trips ever: India and Yellowstone, for skiing Stowe Vermont

Well folks I think I sprained my brain coming up with these questions. Lookin at them I'm not sure they are even any good.

BTW, for all the new folks on the site, Magpie introduced this thread a few weeks back as a way for us to learn a little more about each other. Get to know each other better. I certainly have enjoyed going thru them. And I invite you to check them all out. I think mine will be the 5th set of questions.

Frank Herbert is my favorite author. The Jesus Incident and Dune are two of my favorites and are written by Herbert.

Software development and homebrewing.

3) What is your favorite fruit, nut, or veggie to raise? Or the one that performs best for you?
Do strawberries count?

4) After a long hard stressful day workin, either at work or around your own place, what is your favorite way to relax and unwind?
I may enjoy a beverage of the adult persuasion, sit down in a comfy spot and read.

5) Where is your favorite vacation destination? Could be your best trip ever, or the one you keep going back to.
The Outer Banks of North Carolina. We've been there many years in a row.

I agree, I was thinking, don't pick Neb, don't pick Neb!! We will have to do MATH!!😮
No one said you have to do it correctly.

Frank Herbert is my favorite author. The Jesus Incident and Dune are two of my favorites and are written by Herbert.

Software development and homebrewing.

Do strawberries count?

I may enjoy a beverage of the adult persuasion, sit down in a comfy spot and read.

The Outer Banks of North Carolina. We've been there many years in a row.
Strawberries absolutely count.
We may have to run into each other at OBX sometime. Wouldnt that be a hoot. What area do you usually stay? We like the lower end of Hatteras Island, Buxton, Avon Hatteras Village area.

1) What is your favorite science fiction book and/or author? Robert Heinlein

2) Name the 1 or 2 things you are most skilled at. Napping and Packrat

3) What is your favorite fruit, nut, or veggie to raise? Or the one that performs best for you? Tomatoes and raspberries

4) After a long hard stressful day workin, either at work or around your own place, what is your favorite way to relax and unwind? An adult beverage and a pipe or cigar.

5) Where is your favorite vacation destination? Could be your best trip ever, or the one you keep going back to. My vacations now are day trips, so one of the nice fishing spots in the area.

Sounds like we are both in trouble if this is on a point system!!😮

Way off topic, but along the same lines. I have an SIL who has no clue when you spell something. You know how you spell things so the little ones don't know what you are talking about? Put her in the same category. She cannot convert letters into words. :dunno:

Well folks I think I sprained my brain coming up with these questions. Lookin at them I'm not sure they are even any good.

BTW, for all the new folks on the site, Magpie introduced this thread a few weeks back as a way for us to learn a little more about each other. Get to know each other better. I certainly have enjoyed going thru them. And I invite you to check them all out. I think mine will be the 5th set of questions.

Let's see whatcha got???
1.) A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle. It’s a junior high level book but I love the story. I once read the whole book out loud with my youngest son who didn’t like to read. We took turns reading the chapters out loud.

2.) cooking and working with animals of all kinds.

3.) tomatoes. I love them warm from the sun right off the plant.

4.) sitting with my Hubby, crocheting or maybe maybe playing on my phone while watching tv.

5.) we enjoyed our resort stays in CanCun with several family members. I really want to go to Australia, though.
No one said you have to do it correctly.
I rarely do math correctly. 🤣. Hubby has a masters degree in Math. I don’t understand that.

Last edited:
1.) A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle. It’s a junior high level book but I love the story. I once read the whole book out loud with my youngest son who didn’t like to read. We took turns reading the chapters out loud.
Only slightly off topic :). There are 4 other books in the series after "A Wrinkle in Time".

(A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Many Waters, An Acceptable Time)

I've only read the first one, the others await a more leisurely time :)

Strawberries absolutely count.
We may have to run into each other at OBX sometime. Wouldnt that be a hoot. What area do you usually stay? We like the lower end of Hatteras Island, Buxton, Avon Hatteras Village area.
We usually stay in Kill Devil Hills, but we roam from Duck & Corolla down to Ocracoke. I'll give a heads-up the next time we're heading down there. It probably won't be this summer, unfortunately, but you never know.

1) What is your favorite science fiction book and/or author? Don’t read science fiction, but I really like the Bill Oreilly killing series

2) Name the 1 or 2 things you are most skilled at. Tough on, I’ll say problem solving and not quitting

3) What is your favorite fruit, nut, or veggie to raise? Or the one that performs best for you? Tomatoes

4) After a long hard stressful day workin, either at work or around your own place, what is your favorite way to relax and unwind? Cigar and bourbon

5) Where is your favorite vacation destination? Could be your best trip ever, or the one you keep going back to. Best ever- Alaska, I don’t care where we go if I’m with the family

I missed this one!
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? A jockey
2. What was one of your most awesome experiences in your whole life? Realization
3. What is one of the kindest things anyone has ever done for you? Hard to pick one- most people are nice, I can count the mean ones easier!
4. Let’s pretend you have been chosen to be in the White House cabinet under a president and vice president whom you agree with. You can choose any office you want. What would you choose? OOhhh thats hard. Probably education
5. What are your two favorite games and or sports? To watch, Soccer and horseracing. I no longer play sports

Thank you @Patchouli

1) What is your favorite science fiction book and/or author? I'm surrounded by books, no clue. Have always loved JRR Tolkien. Any of his books.

2) Name the 1 or 2 things you are most skilled at. Sleuthing. Stalking. Calming children. I can type fast. skilled at a few, master of none.

3) What is your favorite fruit, nut, or veggie to raise? Or the one that performs best for you? Herb - basil.

4) After a long hard stressful day workin, either at work or around your own place, what is your favorite way to relax and unwind? Talk to another human face to face.

5) Where is your favorite vacation destination? Could be your best trip ever, or the one you keep going back to. Shenandoah Mountains, VA, the Keys, FL

I'm not a book reader.
Fixing complex computer-controlled machines.
Dividends! :D When I had a garden, we grew enough okra to fill the freezer with just 2 rows!
Areya' kidding? Drinkin' beer!:drink buddy:
Cayman Islands. Nice to visit a place with a higher standard of living than the U.S. 26 miles and 158 banks, with all of our 'hidden' billion$, they have no poor people.
1)Edgar Rice Burroughs, David weber
2)
reading Sifi, living on wild plants, fruits/nuts & small game. Growing plants from seeds & cutting.
3)Figs, Blueberry, Blackberry, strawberry, Raspberry, pear, black walnut, hickory nuts, chest nut, wild Plum, muscadine, asparagus, garlic.
4) was ice sweet tea, now ice water & posting on line or shower & going to bed.
5) Nicaragua, Rocky Mountain, Poor Robin road, Georgia. St. Louis Missouri was nice.

Last edited:
Because @Pearl is anxious...

Random questions for your entertainment.

What is your favorite color?

What is your age? 20-30,30-40...

Who was your earliest crush?

What frightens you?

Heads or tails?

Bonus Q
The quantity (e raised the power of pi i), added to 1 equals?

Ben

What is your favorite color? Red

What is your age? 20-30,30-40... 63

Who was your earliest crush? Mary Jo Minnich

What frightens you? Politicians

Heads or tails? Tails

Bonus Q
The quantity (e raised the power of pi i), added to 1 equals? 0. (Euhler, Euhler, anyone, anyone :drink buddy: )

Last edited:

What frightens you?

Heads or tails?

Bonus Q
1. Blue

2. 70-80

3. Marguerite

4. Heights

5. Tails never fails

Bonus: e = eating; the power of pie = apple; added to 1 vanilla ice cream = 1 very happy camper :clapping:

Because @Pearl is anxious...

Random questions for your entertainment.

What frightens you?

Heads or tails?

Bonus Q

Ben
1) blue
2)63
3) My Wife
4) DNC
5)Heads
Bonus ?????

Latest posts

Back