Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I missed Bacpacker’s questions from last week so here we go.
1: I seldom read fiction but when I do, it’s oooolllddd - 1800’s or earlier- so many good words and authors. (All of the Brontees had extraordinary vocabulary).
2: stitching, food (anything food, growing, processing, preserving, cooking).
3: Peppers 😂 (I don’t eat them but do grow them), green beans and tomatoes
4: stitch, read (quiet)
5: the mountains (where people aren’t)

1: of what? is my usual response. I typically prefer drab shades of each color.
2: ask Pearl - she’ll come up with a good age for me ☺️
3: I honestly can’t remember. Didn’t know any other kids except my cousins until I went to school.
4: Snakes. (Though gov would be a close second). One in the same really- both can strike in any direction.
5: heads
#2) somewhere between 25 and 40! Ha, you owe me!! #3) Pearl

Because @Pearl is anxious...

Random questions for your entertainment.

What is your favorite color?

What is your age? 20-30,30-40...

Who was your earliest crush?

What frightens you?

Heads or tails?

Bonus Q
The quantity (e raised the power of pi i), added to 1 equals?

Ben

pink

wolfgang the farmer ( I was in elementary school)

everything: planes, doctors, hospitals, driving, bridges, tunnels, dentist, crowded walmarts, etc etc

hmmm don't care

too early for math , but guessing maybe infinity?

What is your favorite color? Wood

What is your age? 20-30,30-40... 70

Who was your earliest crush? Haley Mills

What frightens you? 1/3 of US families have no savings

Heads or tails? Heads

The quantity (e raised the power of pi i), added to 1 equals? 0
Though I was the only one that thinks wood is a color. Remember back to E Harmony dating days. Your likes , favorite things, ect
In I pretty sure Wood was one of my answers.

What is your favorite color? Blue

What is your age? 20-30,30-40... between 40 and 50

Who was your earliest crush? Debbie Harry from Blondie

What frightens you? Loss of freedom

Heads or tails? Tails, because the heads side weighs slightly more

Bonus Q
The quantity (e raised the power of pi i), added to 1 equals? ei*pi = cos pi * i sin pi. Since cos pi = -1 and sin pi = 0, this equals -1

Maths is not a term used in America. I learned this a few years ago from a comment somewhere else. I am not even sure that I could pronounce it correctly without feeling like I was lisping.
That's right. Mathematics is just "math" in the U.S. I understand we have plenty of words that end in "ths" like billionths and tollbooths and we're OK pronouncing those words, but maths just trips us up. It trips me up, anyway. So does math, for that matter.

1. If you could trade one skill you have for one you don't, what skill would you trade away and what new skill would you acquire?

2. If you could go back in time just once to correct one mistake or bad event (personal or not), would you do it? Bear in mind you and others would lose the historical experience and wisdom that would have come about as a result of the event taking place.

3. What do you think about that puts you at peace when life throws you curve balls?

4. Did you end up marrying your first love?

5. What's your favorite kind of pie?

Moving on.... I'm still getting to know this @bkt character, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of his questions is: Who's your daddy? 🤣
That is a good one, but not this round.

Okey dokey here we go......! 1) I would not trade any of the skills I have! Some skills are natural, some are learned! If I ever feel I need to add to my skill set, I will learn what I need!! 2) I would not go back in time to change anything! Mistakes have been made and regrets exist, but I would be in a whole other place now if things/life didn't have all its pieces!! 3) My animals 4) No, and I am glad. We are friends and I talk to him often, but it would never have lasted!! 5) Apple!!

1. If you could trade one skill you have for one you don't, what skill would you trade away and what new skill would you acquire?

2. If you could go back in time just once to correct one mistake or bad event (personal or not), would you do it? Bear in mind you and others would lose the historical experience and wisdom that would have come about as a result of the event taking place.

3. What do you think about that puts you at peace when life throws you curve balls?

4. Did you end up marrying your first love?

5. What's your favorite kind of pie?

1.) I would trade some people skills for mechanical aptitude.

2.) The only events I would go back to correct would be minor personal incidents which I regret.

3.) Scotch

4.) No. It was a long time and a lot of miles between my first love and marriage.

5.) Apple

Latest posts

Back