Friendly wave hello from eastern oregon

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmOR

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Been browsing for a couple of weeks and like most of the content.
I'm an uncommon hybrid. Farmer /homesteader.
Frugal and industrious. Fan of Franklin.

Been on my secluded property for over 17 years now. I love the country lifestyle. The freedom. And the feeling of participating in life rather than watching it on a screen, like I felt city living and working for the man.

Looking forward to making new friends and sharing experiences

Hello and welcome! Have you had a good homesteading/growing year?
This has been a rough year. A transition year for my biggest field. Rotated the old alfalfa stand with beard less barley. Haven't sold much of that crop yet. Like a lot of other folks: expenses are up (way up) but revenues are down?

Greetings from Alamogordo, NM, or darned close! Love the lines about freedom in your intro... something that's getting harder to find every day, especially in the Big City! Ugh. Give me the boondocks any day of the week... seven years and counting! Cheers! ;)

Welcome from civilization FVT/2022. That translates as FormerlyVermont/current year. I have heard and read good things about Idaho. In an alternate universe, I moved myself there about sixty years ago.

Welcome from civilization FVT/2022. That translates as FormerlyVermont/current year. I have heard and read good things about Idaho. In an alternate universe, I moved myself there about sixty years ago.
I lived in Idaho about 16 years. A lot of good things about that state and most of the people. I'm near the border but Oregon resident again. Have many friends, family and hay customers from Idaho.

Welcome from Alaska!

I lived in Idaho about 16 years. A lot of good things about that state and most of the people. I'm near the border but Oregon resident again. Have many friends, family and hay customers from Idaho.
I admire the reputation of Eastern Oregon too - except that it's state government is dominated by the people and attitudes of western Oregon.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon. A years ago our neighbors on the west side of us moved to the Deary, Idaho area in the lower panhandle, I think they said that they have around 80 acres. Last primary vote there was a bill to look at most of Southern Oregon to become part of Greater Idaho, sadly it looks as if most of the people want to stay with Kate Brown, that's not going to end well in the near future.

Last edited:
Small farms and homesteading seems to be shrinking everywhere else?
I see it happening all around me. Matter of fact, two outta three of my neighbors rent their farm ground to bigger operations. Corporations cooperations?

Small farms and homesteading seems to be shrinking everywhere else?
I see it happening all around me. Matter of fact, two outta three of my neighbors rent their farm ground to bigger operations. Corporations cooperations?
Small working farms . . . I remember when Vermont had 'em. But I'm an old coot.

Latest posts

Back