Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gang... Suppose to rain about all week here,sure wish it was snow instead.

The Tennessee River is 3' over flood stage right now and still rising. The river was supposed to crest Sunday(yesterday) now they don't know when it will crest cause we forecasted to receive 5"-8" of rain this Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday! I did a rain dance for @Double R and it backfired.
@phideaux ! What's it supposed to do in Kentucky?

@BugoutBob , congratulations on your anniversary!
congrats-3-animated.gif

The Tennessee River is 3' over flood stage right now and still rising. The river was supposed to crest Sunday(yesterday) now they don't know when it will crest cause we forecasted to receive 5"-8" of rain this Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday! I did a rain dance for @Double R and it backfired.

Suppose to start raining tonight and 5+ inches by Thursday.

I drove over the TN river today...It's over the banks everywhere.

Jim

It is supposed to be in the 70s here tomorrow and Wednesday. :)

In southern illinois supposed to get up to 6 inches by Saturday, but most of our drains to the Mississippi River

Sounds like the kind of weather Jim had last year,I feel for ya,that would suck.

Suppose to start raining tonight and 5+ inches by Thursday.

I drove over the TN river today...It's over the banks everywhere.

Jim
That's what I was afraid of. Looks like the surveying I had done last fall to ensure I was out of the flood plane is about to be tested.
We only have one access road left now! I can get by for long enough for the river to go down if I don't get underwater! This is an example of the importance of prepping.

In southern illinois supposed to get up to 6 inches by Saturday, but most of our drains to the Mississippi River
That's great news! I'm dreading this. God's really blessed what we are doing here, in spite of all the mistakes I make, and he will not leave me now!

That's what I was afraid of. Looks like the surveying I had done last fall to ensure I was out of the flood plane is about to be tested.
We only have one access road left now! I can get by for long enough for the river to go down if I don't get underwater! This is an example of the importance of prepping.
That's great news! I'm dreading this. God's really blessed what we are doing here, in spite of all the mistakes I make, and he will not leave me now!

I'm only 2 hours south of you... you got a place to stay if you and the missus need one for a few days... just a blink south of huutsville. ;)

Small world! I was raised on a small 40 acre farm outside Hamilton Alabama, and just moved here from Hollywood Alabama.
Thanks @Peanut !

Hey Gumpy,
Get a boat,
Put it in the Tennessee river,
Let it drift to the west end of Ky,
then take the crossover from TN river to Cumberland river , (5 min)
float another 10 minutes and call me ,
You be 1 mile from my house.

See ya then..
:cancan:

welcome-picture.gif

Jim
That is exactly what I told the postman when I mailed you a letter recently!

Hey Gumpy,
Get a boat,
Put it in the Tennessee river,
Let it drift to the west end of Ky,
then take the crossover from TN river to Cumberland river , (5 min)
float another 10 minutes and call me ,
You be 1 mile from my house.

See ya then..
:cancan:

welcome-picture.gif

Jim

The way the current is runnin right now I'd be there by noon tomorrow! Without a motor!

Latest posts

Back