Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gump,

Don't make me have to come over there and drag your butt out...

images

Jim

Hahahaaahahaha! Y'all aren't right! We watch the flood stage forecast hourly. Our place is about 15' over the biggest flood in the last 100 years. Anyway that's what the surveyor said when they came out and did there thing. Its just the roads get below water not far from here. If we need out my old 4 wheel drive Ford will get us part way up the back side and we can walk the rest of the way to a road. Escape is planned! I really appreciate y'all being concerned for us!

Sorry gotta go with the oldies , Loonie toons, bugs and roadrunner, rocket Robin Hood, herculoids or maybe animaniacs (paricularly Pinkie and the Brain)

Scooby doo is older than some of those. Our last set of mastiffs were named Pinky and Brain. The AKC had someone call and ask if it was "The Brain" or just Brain before they sent out her papers.

Darn Gump, we are starting to get worried for ya. Can you swim?
I was a certified SCUBA through NAUWI Back in the 70'S. Does that count? My wife on the other hand is afraid of the water. Can't swim a lick! Sink City! I'll have to tote her.

Oh I know animaniacs is newer but the rest predate Scoobie

Pinky and the Brain was a 90's creation. Scooby was late 60's. Had to look up rocket robin hood. Never heard of that one. It predates Scooby by only a couple of years. Forget about the flood yet?

Oh wait, I'm arguing with the wrong person!

Pinky and the Brain was a 90's creation. Scooby was late 60's. Had to look up rocket robin hood. Never heard of that one. It predates Scooby by only a couple of years. Forget about the flood yet?

Oh wait, I'm arguing with the wrong person!
Herculoids 1966, Rocket Robin Hood, 1967, loonie toons late 30’s maybe, I think you are right about animaniacs late 90s, Scoobie about 1969 maybe 1968

Hello gumpy... you still up? you posted 15 minutes ago... I just woke up from a 3 hour nap.... It's sad that I'm happy about that.... A whole 3 hours! :woo hoo:

A least it wasn't a 3 hour tour!!!!

:LOL:
Somehow I fell asleep! I've been wrestling alligators all night again tonight. This sciatica attack will not let up! Prayerfully it will be better by the time the rain stops. (40 days and nights, lol) my wife says that when something like this happens God is trying to get me to slow down and rest. I can't help it. I like to work and I do everything wide open as a case knife!
Rome wasn't built in a day though so maybe I should slow down.
boy-tricycle.gif

cross_a_1.gif
It's started sprinkling bout an hour ago. The meteorologist keep changing the forecast on the rain amounts. We just listen the best we can and don't worry.
We are in good hands!

Somehow I fell asleep! I've been wrestling alligators all night again tonight. This sciatica attack will not let up! Prayerfully it will be better by the time the rain stops. (40 days and nights, lol) my wife says that when something like this happens God is trying to get me to slow down and rest. I can't help it. I like to work and I do everything wide open as a case knife!
Rome wasn't built in a day though so maybe I should slow down.
View attachment 4364
I agree with your wife. Take it easy. Give your body some time to recover.

Boy do I feel dumb! I opened a can of planters honey roasted peanuts for a snack. After my snack I couldn’t find the plastic lid. I soon had every light in the kitchen and living room on, even had a flashlight looking under furniture! After a 20 minute search I realized I’d stuck the lid onto the bottom of the can of peanuts….. talk about a senior moment! :oops:

Boy do I feel dumb! I opened a can of planters honey roasted peanuts for a snack. After my snack I couldn’t find the plastic lid. I soon had every light in the kitchen and living room on, even had a flashlight looking under furniture! After a 20 minute search I realized I’d stuck the lid onto the bottom of the can of peanuts….. talk about a senior moment! :oops:

That's awesome! Hahahaaahahaha!
img53.gif

Latest posts

Back