Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. Supposed to get bout 9" by Saturday PM.

Don't rub in to much @Fort ! Lol. Enjoy yourself.
Same here Gump,

But it's suppose to stop tomorrow, then go gangbusters Friday and Saturday with temps in the 70s.

Jim

We just got home after driving 20mph cause of hard rain.

That's what saved lives last week when I almost hydoplaned into that lady. Instead of my normal 60mph I had backed off to around 40. It wasn't raining that hard but I thought it safer to back off some. If I'd been doing 60 I'd have been in the ditch or hit that lady. :(

I do not like driving at night any more,

I really don't like driving at night in the rain...
It's hard to see anything with all the glare of lights.

I am getting to where I refuse to do it.

:rolleyes:Yeah....I use to make fun about OLD people not able to drive at night... guess who's old now.:facepalm:

Jim

I do not like driving at night any more,

I really don't like driving at night in the rain...
It's hard to see anything with all the glare of lights.

I am getting to where I refuse to do it.

:rolleyes:Yeah....I use to make fun about OLD people not able to drive at night... guess who's old now.:facepalm:

Jim

What comes around goes around! Haha!

Capture+_2018-02-21-22-50-04.png

Our flood stage is 366' on Col James Hardin Drive. Tennessee river is at 373' with no guestemated crest. They gave up with their figurin' I reckon!

New update from NOAH. Tennessee river at our location is 374'.
img23.gif

Last edited:
@phideaux ! Tell em to close off some of those gates! Lol

I’m sure they have opened all the locks on the Tenn-Tom Waterway. It’ll divert millions of gallons to Mobile bay from the Tennessee river. People I know over in Pickens County will be complaining but oh well! They can do without a trot line or a fish basket for a few days.

I’m sure they have opened all the locks on the Tenn-Tom Waterway. It’ll divert millions of gallons to Mobile bay from the Tennessee river. People I know over in Pickens County will be complaining but oh well! They can do without a trot line or a fish basket for a few days.

Anything will help. I wish we could send some of this water to @Double R ! They're hurtin out there.

Supposed to be! We had the land surveyed for flooding so unless this beats a 100 year flood it shouldn't get to us. The last road not flooded is the one we live on.
Well, Mr. Gumpy, sir, Sir Gumpy, there's been a lot of 100 year flood bustin' going on around the earth the past few years...
I'll remember you and the missus in my prayers tonight. You'll be fine.

Well, Mr. Gumpy, sir, Sir Gumpy, there's been a lot of 100 year flood bustin' going on around the earth the past few years...
I'll remember you and the missus in my prayers tonight. You'll be fine.

Thanks!
faith.jpg

It's what makes life worth living!

Trying to sleep, rather unsuccessfully. You?

I finally dozed off for a couple of hours waiting for you to answer.
All night tonight it's sounded like someone's pouring water out of a barrel on top of our camper!

Morning all! I hope the rains subside for you folks back east, but for us in California, this is suppose to be the wettest month of the year, but it has been record dry. We are gunna be in trouble with this fire season.
It seems like every year there's a bunch of forest fires out there,with all that and earthquakes and liptards and all I don't see how you guys can stand to live there but I guess people have their reasons. :confused:

Squirrel, we are currently shopping for homes in another state, but I only want one small area in Arizona where the climate is great. There are gun stores everywhere, and it is a Republican's dream location. No libtards are allowed in this city.

Except for the climate thingy....
That IS Kentucky.

Jim

Squirrel, we are currently shopping for homes in another state, but I only want one small area in Arizona where the climate is great. There are gun stores everywhere, and it is a Republican's dream location. No libtards are allowed in this city.
Try The Verde Valley. Clarkdale, Camp Verde ect. I Lived in the next Valley South. Love that area.

Latest posts

Back