Funny Things About Getting Older

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
someone mentioned to me about getting older and things that made them laugh or pissed them off or surprised them

for me---i am surprised at how fast time is moving. oneday i look and its monday , i blink and its friday, then i blink again and its sunday night and im looking at another monody. always heard how fast time flies when you get old. well i must be old cause its getting hard to keep track and i have a very boring life.

it seems like every few months another bone in my body starts making creaking crunchy noises. some days i ache in places i never knew i had

ithink im getting to be a cranky old broad. i reached a point i dont want to bother to leave the house cause there are too many people that are idiots i just dont want to deal with

ive heard that you get more patience as you get older. uhh, nope, thats a lie

when i go in to a room and forget what i went in there for i learned to just pick something up and pretend thats what i wanted.

the longer you sit on your ass the bigger it seems to get. i suspect there is a secret butt gene that is triggered at some point deciding its job is to fill the width of the largest chair in the house.

'your as young as you feel'. well---im must be closing in on 120

a common problem for many women as they get older--the boobs seem to shrink or slide and navigate to the hips and butt. not our fault. its a law of gravity you know.

its not fair that a body that aches and creaks and moans with every movement at the same time in life th e body has to get up to pee every hour

i bought myselkf one of those reachy-grabby stick things to help me pick up things i drop, they work great! but it always seems to be in a different room when i need it. im seriously considering getting 9 more, 1 for each room including the bathroom. or as my son told me, i could alwasy wear one on my back in a sling like some ninja sword and whip it out when i need it. i told him with my luck id forget its there and just order another one. ya know, i bet someone could make some millions by inventing a cane that you can twist something and the end turns in to a reachy-grabby stick thing. heck id buy one...or 9.

how about you? got any thoughts on getting older?

best to write them down before you ferget. just sayin'

1616396044837.png

Last edited:
Through all the milestone birthdays (the ones with a zero at the end) I never noticed much change; until I hit 60. Then it seemed like I fell off a cliff. Everything was that much harder. I just couldn't do what I used to be able to do. Oh well, such is life.

You know you are getting old when you drop something. When you are young you bend over and pick it up. When you are old you look at it and think "How badly do I need that?"

Approaching the end of the rainbow for me was ....... and still is a tough adjustment.
Worked two jobs .. 38 years on the primary and 33 years on the part time. Becoming content with what you have and not having responsibilities is difficult.
Around three decades ago ( Maybe two --- I forget ) I created a list of rules that I refer to often.

Attachments

• Rules.jpg
    Rules.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
THIS

ithink im getting to be a cranky old broad. i reached a point i dont want to bother to leave the house cause there are too many people that are idiots i just dont want to deal with

ive heard that you get more patience as you get older. uhh, nope, thats a lie

I really don't care to go any farther than the end o the driveway.
Pretty much I only go to 2 places Tractor Supply and Marnard's anything I order online.

THIS

I really don't care to go any farther than the end o the driveway.
Pretty much I only go to 2 places Tractor Supply and Marnard's anything I order online.

Yep the store shopping days are about gone,so I'm stuck with what few non fitting ugly clothes I 'seldom buy online now. Have groceries delivered 99% of the tie but thats not from age just more complications to go along with age.
Every doctor or dental visit is more of a reminder your ass is grass and exspensive.Or Russian Roulett.

When I get dressed I always make sure I have something to hold onto. I don't want to be found with a head injury with one leg tangled up in my pants.
When did putting on your shoes and socks become an aerobic exercise?
How did the ground get so far away?
I can remember stuff from 50 years ago like it just happened but if it did just happen I wouldn't remember.
I always wondered how my Grandparents and my Parents could just sit around before bed and do nothing. Now I understand completely.
Yesterday I had to get in the bed of my truck. I seriously considered getting my step ladder but I just went ahead and climbed in. Glad no one was around to see that spectacle. Forget jumping down to get out. I would have hurt something or everything.
Function over fashion all the time. I don't care what people might think.
The older I get the older old gets. Now if my body would just go along with that.
My MIL was complaining about gravity and I said you mean you went from a 36D to a 36 long? She was not amused. As for gravity taking over, it's not only the ladies that have problems.
Without getting too specific the water in the toilet can be cold so men need to sit carefully.
I'll leave you all with this.

1616431138823.png
1616431138823.png

Makes me hurt just to think about it and I'm only 60.

Just remember to stop before you think you should. I was going at it cutting vines and tree limbs with an axe and lopers just fine,:dancing:then I STOPPED!😵. I couldn't even say 'HELP ME'to hubby.I felt like I blew my chest out. Same with turning rasied bed,WHAM! Always srop and ask yourself if your ok.

Makes me hurt just to think about it and I'm only 60.
Getting old sux.
I just keep reminding myself that getting older is far better than the alternative. :oops:

Oh, funny things about getting older:
When you find yourself, needing your glasses, to find your glasses, because you can't remember where you left your glasses.
brickwall100.gif

When I get dressed I always make sure I have something to hold onto. I don't want to be found with a head injury with one leg tangled up in my pants.
When did putting on your shoes and socks become an aerobic exercise?
How did the ground get so far away?
I learned this from a friend who has had knee replacement surgery. She learned this from a health aid. Keep your clothing close to your bed. Sit on the edge of the bed. Pull your underwear and pants on, but just up as far as needed to be able to stand up. Put your socks on from that place as well. Stand up. Pull up underwear and pants.

i like meerkats advice--always stop before you think you should and ill add---after you stop, take a breather and look aorund--resist the temptation to dive in again. unless something is on fire, bleeding or spewing water all over or hollarering for help , it can usually wait.

love sargs rules and backlask cat in the hat. and im totally sold on function over fashion. last year i bought a mans nylon utility type vest with all the pockets and zippers, man, i LOVE thgat thing and got another. best $20 i ever spent. i dont have to carry a bag, it holds my glasses, kleenex, chapstick, cough drops, pill bottle, little fold up fan and small water bottle. it is very comfortable and light weight, i wear one all the time--how did i ever live without one? is this some secret men have been keeping all these decades? these things are terrific.

I learned this from a friend who has had knee replacement surgery. She learned this from a health aid. Keep your clothing close to your bed. Sit on the edge of the bed. Pull your underwear and pants on, but just up as far as needed to be able to stand up. Put your socks on from that place as well. Stand up. Pull up underwear and pants.
Agreed.

One knows they are getting old when they need a step by step procedure to get dressed in the morning.

Ben

Agreed.

One knows they are getting old when they need a step by step procedure to get dressed in the morning.

Ben
Weedy has it almost right. Logic rules.
1. Underwear. (you don't want to sit on one of the 'boys' :oops:).
2. Shirt. (because it has to be tucked in before the pants are zipped/buttoned and you are cold).
3. Socks. (easier to put on without pants).
4. Pants. (important to do this before the next step)
5. Shoes. (if you do this before 3 or 4, you have to start over:().
6. Put the list back in your desk; you'll need it tomorrow.:thumbs:

Screw that... I'm just going to pile tomorrows clothes at the side of the recliner, sit down put on my socks, put on my shirt, do the pants, turn on the TV and recover....

I have enjoyed reading all these posts, but now I have laughed so much that my chest hurts.... How can laughing be so painful?

Anything :) can be painful when your old.INCLUDING FIXING MISTAkES ,adding smilies before remembering you did and commenting on a page that is 4 years old because you didn't notice the date or remember that you already replyed to the comment with a different answer 4 years ago.Thats another good reason to always be honest,that way you don't give two different opinons on the same subject.

Anything :) can be painful when your old.INCLUDING FIXING MISTAkES ,adding smilies before remembering you did and commenting on a page that is 4 years old because you didn't notice the date or remember that you already replyed to the comment with a different answer 4 years ago.Thats another good reason to always be honest,that way you don't give two different opinons on the same subject.
Hey Hey there.... I would never lie to you, I'd tell you something 6 or 7 different ways before I would ever lie to you....

Being older is never having to say you're sorry, because you can't remember what it was you're suppose to be sorry for!

Hey Hey there.... I would never lie to you, I'd tell you something 6 or 7 different ways before I would ever lie to you....

Being older is never having to say you're sorry, because you can't remember what it was you're suppose to be sorry for!

Sometimes its not a lie its a whole other mental state your in when you said it. :D

Respect and trust... the foundation for every relationship.

Latest posts

Back