Gathering "INTELLEGENCE" (No not getting an advanced degree)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Intell is in this thread refers to accurate information that "DIRECTLY" affects you and your dearly cherished loved one's survival.

Americans are fat and super lazy; they assume someone else is protecting their ass. Even more then all your firearms and thousands of rounds of ammo, accurate, "ACTIONABLE" intelligence will enhance your survival.

You gather information constantly, most of it you're not even aware you just collected that information, it does not register as important or relevant to what you are at that moment focused on doing.

Gather intel on places to get water & write it down. Ask people where there are creeks or ponds. Make a map.

Gather intel on place you could hide if necessary.

Gather intel on non-family people who could likely come begging at your door for food or water. Who is predisposed to instantly become enraged or violent, who feels it is OK to get too physically close to you. Some people just stand too close or touch you in a friendly manner. Who has a drug or alcohol or tobacco addiction.

Everyone you encounter is gathering intel about you. Even if you don't communicate with words, you're still communicating. Are you a victim or not to be messed with. You are constantly communicating. You are constantly gathering "Actionable" Intelligence. Learn to be aware you are doing that, write down important information.

The biggest perk of my dayjob is the ability to wear an ear bud. This turns an shift into a classroom in whatever subject(s) strike my fancy. The amount of information I've absorbed from lectures, podcasts and audiobooks over the last decade is astounding. I've been known to take threads and run them through txt to speech to catch up on forum reading aswell when I think the discussion is worth it. I suppose I've gotten used to a near constant stream of incoming information.

Frankly, an ear bud is an intelligence force multiplier- allowing you to multitask while performing any number of mundane tasks. I've found this helpful as I am personally not very well educated on paper.

This is a great thread! I always make note of where resources are, where tools and food can be had that not many will think of (Like that case of toilet paper I bought at the industrial supply during the COVID scare.) Where medications and food show up (Like the pet store and restaurant supply.) Find out where your stuff comes from, you might even be able to save money before the apocalypse! One case of 100 rolls of TP cost me 40$ at the height of the COVID I sold some for a buck a roll to friends or traded for other stuff that had gone missing from the stores. Just down the road, there is a place that services those big propane tanks you see people use in houses and businesses. did you know you can take your empties there for a refill and save 15$? Little things like that. Look for pharmacies that serve EMTs and police, your jaw will hit the floor when you see how bad Costco, etc rape you! Not to mention actual surgical tools and hard-to-get OTC medicines you're not going to find at wally world or the dollar dive!

Latest posts

Back