Generator deal

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know, none of Einstein's THREE refrigerator designs ever went commercial. Einstein read a newspaper article in 1926 about an absorption refrigerator that leaked toxic refrigerant in an apartment in Berlin and killed the entire family living there. He called up his friend Leo Szilard and said “There must be a better way.” Here are a couple of articles about it:
https://www.wired.com/story/einsteins-little-known-passion-project-a-refrigerator/
https://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews/201011/physicshistory.cfm

He first design used three coolants and was more complicated than a simple absorption refrigerator. The design was bought by Electrolux for $750, but was never produced commercially.

There is now renewed interest in Einstein's design, albeit highly modified. But it's still in the development stage as far as I know.

You are correct, but it's my (perhaps mistaken) understanding that the Dometic brand is a modified version of the Einstein fridge.

Some models can be switched back and forth between electricity and propane/kerosene.

As I said, I could be wrong.

many of us view power and fuel a matter of conveniences.

Post shtf, I think a lot of our daily effort would be towards food production...not making fuel. While this may work for vehicles, solar, wind, water power, etc. are better for shtf power sources for other uses, I'd wager.

Post shtf, I think a lot of our daily effort would be towards food production...not making fuel. While this may work for vehicles, solar, wind, water power, etc. are better for shtf power sources for other uses, I'd wager.

Agree.

For the Home front hydro, wind and or solar power would be a better option. In my preps food production is a priority, I can’t see myself using up good growing land for fuel besides, I’m not seeing myself traveling by vehicle post-shtf, I have horses for that.

Latest posts

Back