Getting old

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting old sucks, and I certainly understand the frustration and anger parts. I haven't resorted to biting, but there surely have been times when I wanted to.

Ha Ha.
Mom just has a fat fixation with her dementia. She either is in the mood where she tells me I'm fat, or I'm beautiful. Never know what I will get. Her hospice nurse called on Friday and said she told her that she won't eat lunch with a democrat, and she is not into husband swapping because the other guy was ugly.
Have no idea what she's talking about.

Ha Ha.
Mom just has a fat fixation with her dementia. She either is in the mood where she tells me I'm fat, or I'm beautiful. Never know what I will get. Her hospice nurse called on Friday and said she told her that she won't eat lunch with a democrat, and she is not into husband swapping because the other guy was ugly.
Have no idea what she's talking about.
At a family dinner I sat in the living room with my husband's grandmother while everyone else was busy. I had to tell her who everyone was as they walked through the room. My husband's sister walked in and granny said "She's wearing man shoes." She was wearing ladies tennis shoes. I told Sis but she wasn't amused. Granny was cute and funny though she didn't realize it. She didn't try to bite me once.

Mom doesn’t bite, yet. A guy comes by to visit her five days a week. Mom informed me that they are getting married. He is on channel 303. When he comes to the front door I’ll start worrying.

Getting old sucks, and I certainly understand the frustration and anger parts. I haven't resorted to biting, but there surely have been times when I wanted to.
At age 75 I've learned that sometimes it's prudent to bite my lip instead of telling the Boss Lady how I really feel about something.

My dad had on "Old" toy poodle that hated me, one day he was sitting between me and dad, so I started petting him. When he realized it was me he tried to bite me, but his teeth were so loose they just sort of folded out of the way (pointing out in all directions), he sat there chomping air for a few seconds until they slid back into place.

That's about where I'm at, I could try to bite but the only one I would be hurting is myself....

My wife has started hissing - yeah, like a cat - at idiots she encounters. Does that count? 🤪

Latest posts

Back