Getting rid of all that paper mail...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I peel off the labels and use the bottles for small screws and other items. some hold fishing gear, some hold tinder..too useful to me to throw away
I did the same thing until I had so many small bottles I ran out of things to put in them.
My favorite use was for old razor blades.
I cut a slot in the top and just drop the blades in.

I assumed the responsibility of security for our sensitive mail when I found my name and social number on a note one of our children was to take to a friend. The back of a medical form was blank so the wife used it as "scrap paper" for the note..

In the 70s it was required to have my full name, address, phone number, and social security number preprinted on my check or the Navy exchange and commissary would not take them.
Can you imagine having all of that on your checks today?
No way would that work.
Everything we did in the Navy required my SS# and to this day my wife knows my number but not hers.
My SS# was also stenciled inside all of my clothing and my last name on the outside.
Different, simpler world back then.

In the 70s it was required to have my full name, address, phone number, and social security number preprinted on my check or the Navy exchange and commissary would not take them.
Can you imagine having all of that on your checks today?
No way would that work.
Everything we did in the Navy required my SS# and to this day my wife knows my number but not hers.
My SS# was also stenciled inside all of my clothing and my last name on the outside.
Different, simpler world back then.
All my orders have my social security number on it along with every person that got transferred or promoted at the same time.

The AK drivers license used to have the SS# on it. I had mine removed and years later the State quit the practice.

Latest posts

Back